10

We are on a rollercoaster that is only going up, my friends and it's going to come crashing down any minute (in the best way possible).

I hope you enjoy!

*****

Ms. Kim had a serious habit of not answering questions right away. Chaeyoung felt like she reveled in leaving people hanging.

Chaeyoung hated it.

She found that she couldn't control it though. She couldn't stop the question from coming out of her mouth. She knew it was going to happen. She felt it. Chaeyoung needed more time and was going to get it however she could.

Her mother came home late on Sunday's and she usually ordered pizza. Maybe they could eat pizza together and hang out.

Chaeyoung knew that Ms. Kim had to see her dad later on. She also knew that there was something the brunette wasn't telling her, but she would never push. She was glad that Ms. Kim finally told her what was going on. Ms. Kim knew how much time her father had left and finally told Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung held her breath. She was hoping she could just pass out if the answer was no. (She found out, she would pass out if the answer was yes too).

“Yes.” Ms. Kim said simply. She was looking at her with gentle eyes. Chaeyoung wanted to melt into them like the way chocolate melts into someone's hands on a hot day.

“Really?” Chaeyoung choked out.

“Yes.” Ms. Kim said again and Chaeyoung wasn't taking her chances. She hopped out of the car after grabbing her basketball and made her way to the driver side of the car. She opened Ms. Kim's car door and held her hand out.

“Thank you.” Ms. Kim said as she grabbed a hold of Chaeyoung’s hand. It was so soft and warm in hers and she loved it. When Ms. Kim was standing before her, Chaeyoung shut the door behind her.

“We have some time. My mom isn't coming home any time soon.” Chaeyoung informed the teacher and she nodded.

Chaeyoung lived in a cute three story house. It wasn't over the top but Chaeyoung liked it and she liked the pool in the back. It was too chilly for them to actually get in the pool though. They walked up the stairs of her porch and inside the house.

She had many baby pictures of herself that her mother just refused to take down. She had many pictures of her basketball team and her in her jerseys. Ms. Kim looked at them expectantly.

“Your jerseys, your number,” Ms. Kim breathed out. “Is it always eleven?” She asked and Chaeyoung nodded.

“I don't know. Something about that number just makes me happy. I like it.”

“Number eleven. I should start calling you that.” Ms. Kim cooed as she looked over the pictures and Chaeyoung chuckled. Her friends came over a lot and Chaeyoung had to beg her mom to take down her naked baby picture. It was so embarrassing.

“You were a cute kid.” Ms. Kim observed.

“Yeah, what about now?” Chaeyoung wanted to groan. Ms. Kim was doing it again. The art teacher just stared at her and Chaeyoung swore her eyes moved down her body. Did she just check her out?

Ms. Kim cleared her throat and shrugged, “I've seen worse.”

“You are lying.” Chaeyoung said and Ms. Kim giggled.

“I'm not answering that question.”

“Just admit I'm cute.” Chaeyoung said seriously as Ms. Kim looked around. Her mother was over the top and had art work everywhere.