06

Thanks again for all the support on this story. I hope you enjoy.

*****

Chaeyoung looked over to Ms. Kim approaching her. She was walking with slower steps than ever and her head was down. The sun was still rising in the sky and Chaeyoung immediately noticed something was wrong.

“What happened?” Chaeyoung got up. She didn't light her cigarette yet and she looked over to the teacher who looked to be in ruins. Of course, she still looked beautiful. She was wearing jeans and a blouse, but her facial expression said it all.

Ms. Kim didn't answer right away. She opened and closed her mouth multiple times. Chaeyoung was starting to get worried. Ms. Kim barely looked like she slept and Chaeyoung wanted to know what happened between now and Sunday.

They didn't text each other. They had no agreement that they would. Chaeyoung didn't know what to say to her and she wasn't even sure Ms. Kim would want to talk to her but Chaeyoung felt bad.

What if Ms. Kim was waiting on her to text her? Surely, she could have just texted her herself. Chaeyoung was quickly figuring out that Ms. Kim was a guarded woman. She wasn't even sure if she was going to talk to her about whatever was going on. What if Chaeyoung did get in contact with her. What if Ms. Kim told her what was going on?

Chaeyoung knew, without a doubt, that texting was easier than actually saying words. She could prove it because Ms. Kim wasn't saying anything. She looked absolutely conflicted and Chaeyoung didn't know if she should hug the woman or not. She kept her distance. Chaeyoung also could tell that Ms. Kim was a strong woman and could hold her own ground.

“My dad.” Ms. Kim said quietly and Chaeyoung's eyes widened.

“Is he..?”

“No. But he was rushed to the hospital and I wanted to text you but I didn't.” Ms. Kim said, but she wasn't looking at Chaeyoung. She was looking past her to the clouds in the sky.

“I'm sorry. I should've just texted you.” Chaeyoung said.

“Don't apologize. I didn't text you either because it would be wrong.”

“Says who?” Chaeyoung asked.

“Me.” Ms. Kim said softly and Chaeyoung didn't like the tone of her voice.

“Ms. Kim..”

“I should go inside. I'm not up for a cigarette.” Ms. Kim was normally a bubbly woman. That was the only would Chaeyoung could use to describe her. She was always in a good mood and would walk down the halls with a smile on her face. But it was very obvious to anyone who came close to her, that she was very guarded and Chaeyoung watched her hopelessly. She had no idea what to do and was glad she didn't light her cigarette yet. She wanted to go after the teacher but she knew it was a lost cause.

Chaeyoung watched as Ms. Kim walked inside with her head down.

*****

Chaeyoung didn't know how she found her way here. Actually, she did but she wasn't going to admit it. She bought a dozen donuts of all different flavors, because who didn't like donuts and she also bought two coffees.

Chaeyoung caught many eyes as she walked back in school, but she had one destination because she didn't have much time left. Her last class would be starting soon and knew Ms. Kim didn't have a class right now. Chaeyoung let out an excited breath as she saw Ms. Kim writing something down. Her hands were full so she kicked the door and hoped it got the teacher's attention.

It did.

Ms. Kim looked up immediately. Chaeyoung smirked because she could see that the teacher didn't want to smile, but she did. Chaeyoung smiled back at her as she held up the box of donuts.