16

*****

Chaeyoung drove so that Jisoo could gather herself. They decided that they should take Chaeyoung's car because it was more convenient. Chaeyoung had one hand on the steering wheel and she was wondering if she should reach over and comfort Jisoo in any type of way.

Jisoo looked so small in the passenger seat and Chaeyoung decided not to think about it anymore. She reached out and placed a hand on Jisoo's thigh. Chaeyoung remembered when Jisoo did that to her when they were in bed. But this wasn't sexual. Chaeyoung wanted Jisoo to know that she was there for her and squeezed her thigh softly.

Her palm was burning hot against Jisoo's jeans. Chaeyoung was getting ready to remove it, when Jisoo grabbed a hold of it. She softly wrapped her fingers around Chaeyoung's hand and she squeezed. Chaeyoung glanced over to her and Jisoo looked back at her. Chaeyoung didn't smile and neither did Jisoo.

It felt like a lifetime before Chaeyoung finally pulled in the hospital and Jisoo immediately hopped out of the car. Chaeyoung quickly turned the engine off and followed Jisoo inside. She clearly seemed to know where to go and Chaeyoung awkwardly followed behind her.

“Mom!” Jisoo called and an older woman that resembled Jisoo came over to them. She was wearing a white lab coat and glasses. She looked exhausted and she had long brown hair.

“Jisoo!” She cried as she rushed over to her daughter and pulled her in a hug.

“Where is he?” Jisoo asked.

“He's in surgery. I have my best surgeons working on him. I can't because it breaks protocol. I'm being updated every two minutes.” Jisoo's mom said.

“What happened?” Jisoo asked. Her mother had a faraway look on her face and Chaeyoung wanted to know if that was where Jisoo got it from.

“His lung is collapsing.” Jisoo's mom said and Chaeyoung's eyes widened. She was standing off to the side, letting the two women talk.

“What?” Jisoo asked faintly.

“We are doing everything we can.” Jisoo's mom said, though she looked absolutely exhausted.

“Okay.”

“He should be out soon.” Jisoo's mom informed her and Jisoo turned to Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung looked like a deer caught in headlights but she held herself together.

“Who's this?” Jisoo's mom asked as she looked at the younger girl.

“She's a student. I was teaching her how to draw when you texted.” Jisoo said smoothly and Chaeyoung nodded along to the lie.

“Mom, this is Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung, this is my mom, Dara.” Jisoo introduced them and Chaeyoung felt so out of place.

“Nice to meet you.” Chaeyoung said as she held out her hand and Dara shook it.

“You too. I'll be back.” Dara said curtly before she walked off and Jisoo turned to Chaeyoung.

“I called my friends so you can leave if you want.” Jisoo mumbled sadly and Chaeyoung looked at her.

“I don't want to leave you.” Chaeyoung confessed and Jisoo sighed.

“I don't want you to leave.” Jisoo whispered. Chaeyoung was getting ready to step closer to Jisoo and hug her when they heard her name being called.

“Jisoo!” Irene cried and Chaeyoung's eyes widened when she realized who she was with.

“Chaeyoung?” IU asked as she walked over to the basketball player.