36

*****

Chaeyoung was pacing back and forth in the front room, the only sounds she could hear, was the air blowing out the vents and her shoes scuffing against the hardwood. It wasn't long before the door to the bedroom finally flew open.

“Chaeyoung-” Jisoo yelled out, but stopped realizing Chaeyoung was standing right in front of her.

Jisoo looked surprised that Chaeyoung was still in the room. Chaeyoung had thought about leaving multiple times, before thinking about her dad. She still remembered the devastated look on her mom’s face when he’d left. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't get that look out of her mind.

Chaeyoung didn't want to be like her dad. She knew she could've easily walked out like a coward, instead of talking it out with Jisoo.

Chaeyoung wasn't sure what was going to come of this conversation, but she knew it needed to happen.

Even though Chaeyoung was mad, she didn't have it in her to walk away, especially after the funeral. Chaeyoung stayed rooted in her spot, staring at Jisoo expectantly. Jisoo gathered herself, clearing her throat. She had no idea where to even begin.

“Are we going to actually talk about this or you just going to stand there and act like you’re innocent?” Chaeyoung asked.

She knew it was a low blow from the hurt look on Jisoo's face. Chaeyoung wanted to take it back, but she stood her ground. She raised her eyebrows in a challenge, waiting for Jisoo to explain.

Jisoo sighed heavily before speaking.

“I've been saying the entire time that I’d be going back to New York after it happened.”

“You could've mentioned it this past week since we’ve seen each other every day!” Chaeyoung sneered.

“I'm sorry! I know I should've told you sooner. So much has been happening lately and Bona-”

Chaeyoung growled at the name of her ex. She really didn't want to hear this. Chaeyoung shivered, closing her eyes. She saw her dad yelling at her mom, and her mom begging for him to stay.

Chaeyoung was trying hard not to let her anger get the best of her, but it was hard when she thought about Jisoo talking to Bona behind her back.

“I don't want to hear about how you and Bona plan to meet up.” Chaeyoung rumbled.

“It's not like that. She just wants to see me after everything that’s happened.”

“Maybe she shouldn't have broke up with you when you moved back here to be with your father, then maybe she’d know.”

“You can't seriously think something will happen between us.” Jisoo said softly, taking slow steps towards Chaeyoung.

“I would never go behind your back like this and talk to one of my exes. Jesus, Jisoo. I stopped it all for you!” Chaeyoung roared, backing away from Jisoo. She walked to the other side of the room, taking deep breaths to calm herself down.

“Stop what?” Jisoo asked confused.

“Sleeping around. Messing around with different girls. I completely went off the market for you!” Chaeyoung shouted. “This isn't easy at all. We always have to sneak around. I couldn't even comfort you during the funeral.”

Chaeyoung finally felt relieved that she confessed that. She knew she raised her voice and she shouldn't have, but couldn’t help it. She had so much aggression in her, it was hard for her to keep it all in.

Chaeyoung finally calmed herself down. Her pulse wasn't thumping in her ears anymore. She felt lighter now that Jisoo knew. Jisoo was looking at her with sympathetic eyes.