19

*****

Gong Yoo was awake when Chaeyoung and Jisoo stepped into his room. They decided to go see him on Thursday after school before they leave tomorrow. Gong Yoo looked over to them and he smiled wide. Chaeyoung immediately went over to greet him.

“Hi, Gong Yoo.” Chaeyoung smiled and Gong Yoo smiled right back.

“Hey, Chaeyoung,” Gong Yoo smiled back before he looked over to his daughter. “Hey, baby girl.”

“Hi, daddy.”

There was a nurse in there checking over his vitals and Chaeyoung and Jisoo stood back respectfully. Once the nurse left, Chaeyoung and Jisoo sat down by his side.

“We leave tomorrow, dad.” Jisoo reminded her dad softly and he nodded.

“I'll miss you.” Gong Yoo said and then he looked over to Chaeyoung. “I'll miss you too.”

Chaeyoung’s eyes widened and looked at the man in shock.

“Really?” Chaeyoung asked dumbfounded.

“Yes, you're awesome.” Jisoo’s dad said simply and Chaeyoung smiled softly.

“So are you.”

“Wow, do you want me to leave the room?” Jisoo teased and her dad groaned softly.

“Oh, I'm not trying to hit on your girl, it's okay.” Gong Yoo waved his daughter off.

Jisoo looked over to Chaeyoung who was looking at Gong Yoo in shock. Chaeyoung’s heart was pounding in her chest. She didn't say anything and watched as Jisoo opened and closed her mouth multiple times.

Gong Yoo didn't catch on to the fact that both girls were in shock and he looked back over to Chaeyoung.

“I've been watching more basketball games. I watched one during lunch today.” Gong Yoo said proudly. He was so happy that Chaeyoung went with what just happened.

Her heart was still beating out of her chest and she looked back at Jisoo. Her eyes weren't as wide as before and she seemed calm which made Chaeyoung calm. Jisoo let out a tiny sheepish smile and Chaeyoung smiled back. They both nodded, they weren't going to correct him and Chaeyoung could feel her palms getting sweaty.

Chaeyoung turned her attention back to Gong Yoo and they talked about basketball and Jisoo sat back with a smile and watched them.

Chaeyoung still couldn't believe Gong Yoo referred to her as Jisoo’s but for some reason, she was completely okay with it.

*****

“Do you have everything you need?” Chaeyoung's mother asked and Chaeyoung nodded.

“Yup. Mom, you packed it all.” Chaeyoung said and Chaerin pulled her daughter in for a hug.

“I'm going to miss you.” Chaerin whispered dramatically.

“Mom, I'll be gone for like three days.” Chaeyoung pointed out and Chaerin grabbed Chaeyoung's cheeks and kissed them.

“I will still miss you, my love.” Chaerin said sadly and Chaeyoung nodded. Her mom was so lonely these days. Chaeyoung tried to spend as much time with her as she could when she wasn't working.

“I will miss you too, mom.”

“You behave yourself,” Chaerin said seriously. “I don't want any reports.”

“Mom, that was one time!” Chaeyoung chided.

“One too many! Do not run away from your group and wander off by yourself.” Chaerin said sternly and a part of Chaeyoung felt guilty because she had plans of doing just that.