𝒩ℐ𝒩ℰ

★IRENE IMANI JONES★           SCHOOL📍 10:49 P

IRENE IMANI JONES
SCHOOL📍 10:49 P.M.
___

Irene now sat in her second period with Notti. There was silence between the two ever since there recent messages. Irene could tell Notti wanted to speak with her so bad but she was somewhat avoiding him. She didn't like when he made her feel as if she was annoying him so she tried keeping her distance. She knew she was probably overreacting but sometimes she was stubborn.
She continued to listen to the teacher as she drew in her notebook. She was talking about and project which included partners. She always got paired with this dread headed girl who was so annoying. She never told the girl she was annoying she didn't like being rude even when she was rude in general she just didn't know it.

"So instead of doing the partnering by how we usually do it your just gonna partner up with your table mate." Irene looked at the boy who was seated next to her. Seeing that he was already facing her.

"Before leaving the room you all will grab one sheet of paper off my desk it'll tell you what's needed for the project, and the rest will be up to you guys" Ms. Avery spoke.

"We could head to my place after school, cool with you?" Notti asked.

"Yea..that's cool" she said standing from her seat placing her things into her bag.

"Could I walk you to your next class" he said as the brown eyed girl looked up at him.

"I'll be ok, you should get to class your self, thanks though" she told trying to respond the nicest way possible.

She didn't like the awkwardness between the both of them. But she knew it'd be better if they talk about it but she thought maybe after school.

NOTTI'S PLACE 📍
———-

Irene was separating papers as she sat on Notti's carpet floor. He had two bed placed in his room, I'm guessing one for his brother they both was well known.

"You mad at me some" Notti finally spoke.

"No." Irene said continuing to mess around with the papers not facing the boy who was seated on the edge of the bed. For some reason she was avoiding eye contact and this time she wasn't lying. She wasn't mad at Notti she just didn't wanna seem annoying.

"Chill with that paper ii, we got time ok" he said taking a seat beside Irene before grabbing her hand taking the paper away.

"Why didn't you reply to my text" he asked.

"You told me to go to sleep..remember" she said looking at the boy who was so close that there skin touched.

"I don't believe that's the reason" he said still looking at the curly head girl.

"Thought maybe..you didn't wanna talk at the moment, and I didn't wanna seem annoying" she said looking away from the boy starting to nibble on her bottom lip she noticed she fairly started to do that a lot when she's nervous.

"Your not annoying, you could never be annoying to me" he told.

"You sure?" She spoke softly, she wanted to be sure.

"I'm positive ii" he smiled causing Irene to smile, his smile was very contagious and she loved when he did it. They soon noticed they we're closer than they thought, scooting one inch away from each other. Irene could tell he didn't want her to feel uncomfortable.

Thoughts 💭

Vote 🗳️