Chapter 1

Your vision was dark but you soon slowly opened your eyes while blocking the bright light. Letting out a small groan, you slowly sat up and rubbed your eyes before your blurring sight began to fade. Looking to your surroundings, you noticed you were on grassland near the cliff side beach by the ocean.

"How odd..." you mumbled as you stood up and wiped off some pedals of flowers on your kimono.

You slowly pet your mokomoko while taking out the remaining flower pedals. After you were finished grooming your fluffy sash, you scanned the area of humans or demons around here. Unfortunately, there were none as you began to ponder in what world you're in.

From the area I'm in, I don't smell or feel any demonic aura. And not even the aura of a priestess... you mentally sighed, looks like I'm not in the Feudal Era of Japan anymore.

You scanned the area a second time and smiled. "I suppose a walk would do nicely. I wonder what this strange world has in store."

•>•<•

Wandering around the area was peaceful as you observed the view near the beach.

"Ooh, another clam! Paimon have caught another one! Aether and Paimon will might have a good meal tonight." A voice shouts from a far.

The voice you heard was like a child's as you slowly hurried to where the source was. As soon as you got close to the voice, you saw a child floating nonstop which made you curious.

"Hmm, how strange for a human child to have the ability to fly, is it not?" You spoke aloud, unknowingly that the figure heard you.

"Wha? Who's there?! Show yourself...or Paimon will throw a shell at you!" You heard the youngling exclaim as you lightly chuckled.

Not wanting to hide any longer, you placed your hands in front of you and walked towards the child with a smile. The child gasped in shock with wide eyes as the human(?) looks at you in the eye.

"Greetings, young-"

"Are you an angel?"

"-one...eh...?"

You blinked as the child repeated the question. "Paimon said, are you an angel?"

Her eyes sparkled while her small hands were clasped together. That question got you stumped, but it made you chuckled.

"My, aren't you a curious one?" You smiled, "Do you think I'm an angel?"

The child nodded with an exited smile. "Yes! Paimon says you are an angel!"

"Is that so?" You spoke with a giggle, "But sometimes, some angels can be demons too."

This made the child, Paimon, flinched a little.

"So you're not an a-angel?"

You grinned, "Unless you want me to be one."

The scent of fear you smelled was gone as it was replaced with happiness around Paimon. The floating child circled around your face while speaking out a chant.

"She's an angel! She's an angel! She's-"

"Who's an angel, Paimon?"

The two of you heard a voice coming from behind you as you turned to see a young male with blond braided hair, holding some sort of fruit in his hand.

"You're back, Aether! What took you so long?! Paimon went to find food and then met this angel!" Paimon told the blonde with a pout, who you assume is Aether.