Chapter 8

Taking a stroll around the city of Mondstadt was refreshing since after dealing with those love hungry men.

Since after leaving the tavern while saying goodbye to Diluc, you take a look at the shops and food market stands while noticing some stares from the citizens. In fact, you mostly don't mind it...as long as they don't do anything bad to you.

Some were curious, some were a bit frightened due to your appearance, and some were in awe as if they saw a maiden that appeared from the heavens.

Not wanting to walk anymore, you let out a kind smile to the citizens before gently flying into the air. You flew out of the city and landed at the other end of the bridge. The land was beautiful as you felt the wind gently breeze through the morning air.

Soon enough, you remembered what your beast had said as you felt the demonic aura coming from an area not far from where you and Kilala are at.

The nekotama sensed it as well before she jumps out from your arms and shifts into her mature form. Without hesitation, you both head to the area where the aura was coming from. As soon as the both of you arrived, you couldn't believe what you were seeing.

The area that was once green was now a wilted wasteland. The outside of it was still green, though you could guess something happened here not long ago. Suddenly, a smell of poison lingered in the air as Kilala whimpered from the aroma. Due to the demon blood flowing through you, the poison didn't weakened you but it did for your nekotama companion.

Readying your claws, you slowly hid your hand in your sleeve before speaking to whoever was hiding.

"Reveal yourself, demon."

You heard a ruffle from the grass as a voice spoke. "Ah, so you must be one of Naraku's enemies. And a female demon no less; oh my, this just may be my lucky day!"

Turing to the direction of the voice, you saw a short male covered in white from head to toe with four markings on each corner of his face as a scent of bones and soil came through your nostrils.

You growled, "You're not a demon nor a human; you're a walking corpse."

"Why of course, I am! I was just resurrected from the dead with the help of this shard that was given to me by Naraku himself." He replied, "And since you don't know me, I am Mukotsu; a member of the Band of Seven and master of poison."

Your eyes narrowed at the man, Mukotsu, while mentally figuring out how he got into this world since Sesshomaru has killed him. But when you realize that it was the jewel shard that brought him here, you were not letting him leave this world.

Only his soul will return to the Nether world in the Feudal Era of Japan and his bones will remain here in Teyvat.

With that plan in mind, you rushed towards him and began to attack him. Noticing this, Mukotsu dodged your attack and blasts out poison from his wooden container. The male smirked since this battle was short and he won in the end.

But he didn't.

A large shadow loomed over him as he turns around in fear. Mukotsu backs away a little while holding out a different sized container of poison.

"H-How is that possible?! My poison should've weakened you!" He exclaimed.

"Indeed, it should have." You stated in a monotone voice while slowly pulling out Zanseiken, "But to tell you the truth, I am an Inu-daiyōkai; a reincarnation of the demon lord himself, Lord Sesshomaru."

Mukotsu's eyes widened at the mention of the name. "S-Sesshomaru?! Y-You're a reincarnation of him?!"

"Indeed I am," You slightly grinned, "though I wonder how you got here in this world since you died twice. Unless the shard Naraku gave brought you here for a reason."