Chapter 18

With you and Sesshomaru, the two of you were standing outside of the tavern nearby the entrance.

You sighed and looked at him in the eye and asked, "Why are you saying no, Sesshomaru?"

"...I have my reasons, Y/n." He answered, making you frown.

"Is it because...you're worried that I might disappear again?"

Sesshomaru stared at you for a moment before giving a silent nod. Sighing again, you wrapped your arms around him and placed your head on his shoulder.

The Inu lord just stood for a moment before wrapping his arm around your waist, bringing his head on top of yours.

The two of you stayed in this position for only a minute until Sesshomaru looks at you in the eye. You were about to do the same when you felt his lips on your forehead.

Your cheeks felt warm as you let out a small giggle before looking at the Inu lord's face.

"Let's go back inside, I'm sure they're waiting for us."

_______

"Momma, can you braid my hair, please?" Rin asked, making you chuckle.

You and the group are traveling to Starsnatch Cliff to summon Dvalin. Earlier, Sesshomaru wanted you and Rin stay behind in the tavern.

But the human child begged her lord that she wanted to come along since Rin was curious what Dvalin looks like.

The Holy Lyre was finally fixed and looks whole again due to its power after you and four of your companions (Aether, Paimon, Sango, and Kilala) placed the now purified crystals (due to you absorbing the impurities for some unknown reason) inside the lyre.

"Alright, Rin. I'll do that right now." You chuckled as you and Rin were riding on A-Un's back.

"Aww, I want my hair braided too." Paimon pouted as she floated next to the two-headed dragon.

This made you giggle as you started braiding Rin's hair. Sango chuckled while Shippo rolled his eyes as Kilala meowed, to which the two were sitting on the demon slayer's shoulders.

"Say, Y/n, have you ever thought of taking off that large, fluffy shawl of yours?" Venti asked as you finished braiding Rin's hair.

"Hah?" You turned your gaze to the bard, "What do you mean, Venti?"

"Ah, well..."

Venti struggled on what to say before Paimon cheered, "We're here!"

All of you looked at the view while standing on the said cliff. Smiling, you got off of A-Un as you helped Rin get down. Once her feet touched the ground, the girl admires the view with amazement.

"Wow! I'd never seen the water this big before." She exclaimed as Aether looks at her with surprise.

"Wait, you'd never seen the ocean before?" The traveler asked.