Chapter 12

So...Lord Sesshomaru wants me to return with Jaken, hm?

You, Jaken, Diluc, and Kilala (in mature form) were now dealing with a few hilichurls and two abyss mages.

Two of the hilichurls fired their arrows with their crossbows, but you dodged them and attacked the creatures with your poisonous whip. They burned into a crisp, flickering into ashes as four hilichurls began to charge at your figure.

But they were too late when Kilala attacked them with her claws as Jaken fired flames at them with the Staff of Two Heads.

As soon as the creatures were dealt with, it was only left with the abyss mages. Chanting a spell, the mages were about to fire their ice at you all, but they immediately burned by Diluc's flames.

Once the mages were dead, Diluc puts away his large sword and turns to you. Feeling his gaze, you turned to him with a look that meant to give you and Jaken some privacy.

Seeing your silent message, Diluc slightly nodded and went to a different part of the city. Kilala noticed it as well and went to join the fire user. Once the two left, you sighed and turned to the green imp.

"As much as I want to return, there are some things that needs to be done here in this world, Jaken."

"B-But my lady—"

You raised your hand, stopping him from speaking as Jaken immediately shuts his mouth.

"You will obey my orders while we're here." You gave him a serious look with an authorized tone, "Is that clear, Jaken?"

The green imp slightly shivered at your voice as well as your aura, but he nodded nonetheless and bowed down while holding his staff.

"As y-you wish, L-Lady Y/n."

You hummed and began to find Diluc and Kilala in the midst of the city. Jaken quickly stands up and follows your lead as you began to wonder in thought.

Since Sesshomaru assigned Jaken to bring me and Kilala home, the shards are the only way to return to the Feudal Era. Your eyes narrowed with a quiet hum, But I guess I have to hunt for any of the Shikon Jewel shards, if there is any.

You mentally sighed before seeing Diluc and Kilala at the entrance of the tavern.

The two noticed your arrival as the nekotama shrinks into her small form before rushing towards your figure.
You opened your arms as Kilala jumps into your grasp with a happy purr.

You lightly chuckled and gently pet her head before drifting your gaze to the redhead. From the look in his eyes, you could tell that he worried at first before feeling relieved that you were safe.

You mentally wondered why as you felt a playful animalistic grin from your beast.

It appears this human has...feelings for you.

_____

"The abyss order, you say...?" You asked.

Morning has arose as you, Aether, Paimon, Jaken, and Kilala were walking on the path to the cathedral.

When you introduced Jaken to Aether and Paimon last night, let's just say it was...somewhat an odd greeting.

"An organization of non-human beings. They despise mankind as to what Venti has told us." Aether informed as you and their others followed him to the large church building.