Chapter 7

The next day came as you finished up cooking the last meal for breakfast. You smiled as you placed the final dish at the table.

Satisfied with what you've done, you washed your hands and wiped away the wetness with a clean cloth. A yawn was heard from Aether as the boy soon immediately went into shock by the various meals at the table.

"Y/n, did you make all of this?" He asked as Aether looks at you.

"Well, good morning to you, Aether." You greeted with a smile, "And yes, I did make breakfast."

Paimon and Kilala came in after as the floating child gasped in awe.

"Are these the meals you made, Y/n?" Paimon asked.

You chuckled, "Yes, I did. I looked around the wild to get fresh ingredients I could find before coming back here last night."

Without hesitation, Paimon quickly sit at the table and began grabbing each serving dish on her plate before eating them one by one. A bowl of cooked mashed meat and a bowl of milk were on the floor as Kilala began eating her breakfast you made for her.

Aether shook his head before settling himself down at the table as he looks at you.

"Y-You didn't have to c-cook this many, you know." He stuttered while you placed a serving of breakfast in front of him.

"I know, Aether, but I thought I'd make a heavy breakfast since we're all going to be busy the entire day with the Knights of Favonius." You replied with a smile.

"I see...uh, about the mission...I planned to help the others while you and Kilala stay in Mondstadt." Aether stated while rubbing his arm.

"May I know why?" You asked while settling yourself on a chair with a knitting kit as you began sewing the hole on your kimono.

"Well...you did say that taking a power of a god would drain your demonic energy. And I could already tell that it would be dangerous for you and Kilala to enter one of the temples." Aether explains as he looks at you, "I was worried when Stormterror appeared yesterday and I made me scarred that I could've lost you."

You paused your sewing as you set your kimono and the needle aside before walking up to the boy. Placing a hand on his shoulder, you looked at him in the eye.

"I apologize for that, Aether. But if that's what you wish, then I'll accept it." You smiled as you gently ruffled his hair. "Well, you better eat before someone finishes it all."

Paimon flinched a little before nervously eating her food. Aether nervously laughs before taking a bite of your cooking. You watched his eyes lit up as you smiled before walking back to your seat to resume sewing your kimono. Thinking about what do while you're here in the city, you thought of meeting the male you've met last night.

Diluc did say he owns a tavern here in the city...guess I could visit him if he's not busy. You mentally smiled while finishing up closing the hole on your kimono.

You felt a pair of eyes on you as you turned to look at Kilala, who was on your bandaged shoulder. You winced a little but it didn't hurt as much as you paused your sewing. The nekotama mewed, asking of what happened to your shoulder.

A smile was displayed on your lips as you began to gently pet her.

"It's nothing, Kilala." You whispered, "But if you really want to know, I can take you with me since I'm going to visit someone."

Kilala tilts her head with a blink as you lightly giggled. "You'll see."

After finishing sewing your kimono, you quickly went to a different part of the room for privacy. You then put on your kimono and went to grab your mokomoko, placing the pelt on your shoulder. A growl was heard from your beast as you asked her what was wrong.