Chapter 2

The view of the field in this new world was breathtaking as your eyes observed your surroundings. It may not be like the fields you've seen in the Feudal Era of Japan, but the field in this world was more wide and has more wildlife.

If only I have my camera from the modern era. You mentally groaned, Still, this place will be forever embedded in my memory.

"Y/n! Over here!" Paimon called, making you snap out of your thoughts as you saw her gesture you to come over.

Smiling, you went over to her and Aether as you all stood in front of a statue of a cloaked boy with angel-like wings on his back.

"This is one of the Statues of the Seven! The God of Anemo, Barbatos!" Paimon informs.

"A world filled with Gods, hm? How interesting..." you muttered as you and Aether went close to the statue.

"There are a few of these statues scattered across the land to show the Seven's protection over the world. Among the seven gods, this god controls the wind, also known as Anemo." Paimon explains.

You watch Aether touch the statue as it began to glow. A small orb came out from the statue as it went towards to Aether, suddenly getting an emanated glow before the light faded quickly.

This world is mysterious, yet it has the ability of magic. Beautiful. You thought to yourself.

"Ooh! It seems Barbatos has lent you the power of Anemo! The people in this world would not get a hold of the powers of the Gods like what you just did now, Aether." Paimon said before looking at you, "Say Y/n, would you also have the ability to obtain it?"

"Maybe you could also obtain the power of Anemo." Aether said, "It wouldn't hurt to try."

"Hmm," you looked at the two before looking at the statue.

You could feel the pure aura of the Anemo all around this statue, but something tells you that you cannot touch it. Your inner beast also felt the Anemo's aura and growls.

Do not touch it. This aura is almost like the aura of a priestess. Your beast informs you.

Yes, I noticed that. You responded.

You sighed and shook your head, making Aether and Paimon look at you with confusion.

"Hm? What's wrong, Y/n?" Paimon asks.

"I do not think I have a similar ability to obtain a god's power, Paimon." You looked at the two, "Besides, I like the way I am right now."

"Are you sure?" Aether asks, making you nod.

"Yes, if I do take the ability of a god's power, my demonic energy would be drained by the its power." You explained, "As a demon, we demons get our power when we are born."

"Is that so?" Paimon says in wonder, "Oh alright. Anyways, if we keep heading west from here, we'll definitely reach Mondstadt; the City of Freedom who worship the God of Anemo." She explained as you three continued your venture towards Mondstadt.

The journey to the City of Freedom was cut short as you felt a demonic presence coming near you all. Aether and Paimon paused as they turned to you.

"Y/n, is something wrong?" Paimon asks.

"Hmm...I smell—" you were cut off when you felt something light on your head.

Aether and Paimon gasped as you looked at them in confusion. "What? Is there something on my head?"

"Ah, well..." Aether trailed off as you heard a familiar mew sound.

Your eyes widened and placed your hand next to your head. You felt a light weight in your hand as you slowly brought your hand close to your face to see a certain nekotama.