Chapter 14

You listened to Venti explaining Aether and Paimon about Diluc while gently petting Kilala, hearing the nekotama purr with delight.

"So how does mother know him already?" Paimon asked as all eyes were on you.

"Well...I've been visiting this place during my walks in the city at night. Sure, it can be crowded during the day, but mostly, I prefer come to this place to clear my thoughts peacefully. So you could say that I'm a regular customer here in this tavern." You lied with a smile while looking at your human companions.

You quickly gave a glance to Diluc, silently giving him a look to play along to which he agreed as the male nodded.

"Anyway, I've heard about some thieves from the guards. From what I could tell, you've got some spirit for trying to steal the Holy Lyre der Himmel. Even if you act like fools...though I'd never often seen people like you." Diluc blurted out while crossing his arms as he looked at Aether in the eye.

Between the two males, you feel some tension in the air as you watched them glaring at each other. Kilala noticed why the two human males were doing a stare down at each other.

Jaken noticed as well, but he turns to the nekotama for an explanation.

"Why are these two acting like this?" The green imp whispered.

"Mew." The nekotama replied, making Jaken shocked by her answer.

What?! This redhead human likes Lady Y/n?! The green imp mentally exclaims, Though it is true that Aether sees Lady Y/n as a big sister from what Kilala has told me the other day. Oh, Lord Sesshomaru would not like it if he were here.

The thought made the green imp shiver down to his spine.

"It wasn't us that stole it! The real thief is still out there!" Paimon reasoned.

"And Aether has given the title as the Honorary Knight." You explained.

"So why would someone do optimistic steal Mondstadt's sacred treasure?" Venti added.

"Ah...so it's you. What a shame...joining the knights." Diluc stated with a sigh.

You could already guessed what he was about to say next as you mentally sighed. Ignoring his opinion about the knights, you looked away from the group as you took out the jar necklace that holds the Shikon Jewel shards.

Kilala noticed what you were looking at as she placed her paw on the small jar. Looking down at the nekotama, you smiled and softly pet her head.

"I know, Kilala. I miss them as well." You quietly whispered.

Jaken heard your words as he glanced at you before sighing, wondering what his lord is doing in the Feudal Era. You hid away the necklace underneath the hem of your kimono as you and your demon companions heard Diluc speak.

"Now, answers. Tell me, why did you steal the Holy Lyre?" The male interrogates the three, making you, Jaken, and Kilala to listen in on what the trio have to say.

"If I tell you a story by performing, would that change your mind?" Venti asked.

Both you and Diluc looked at each other and looked back at the bard.

"It depends. I'll make my own judgment." Diluc said, arms crossed.

Venti smiled happily, "Very well! Let me put on a show."

And so, the bard began to tell his tale.