Chapter 16

You and the others walked up through the stairs and came across a Fatui guard. Sango approached the guard from behind and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Excuse me—!"

The demon slayer gasped and quickly dodged to the side when the guard swung at her.

"No! Please! Don't eat me!" He panicked until realizing nothing happened as he looks at the five of you, "Huh? You three are...human?"

Well...close enough, you thought as you walked over to the guard with your hands on your hips.

"Geez, what happened here that got you frightened?" You asked, seeing that the guard was shaking like a leaf.

"The entire floor's defenses have been broken! I thought it was the Abyss Order attacking..." he explained.

"Hmm...I see." You turned to Sango and gave her a nod.

She nodded back and brought out a Japanese dagger as she pointed the blade at the guard's chest.

"Now, I'm going to say this once and once only. My friends and I are here to retrieve the Holy Lyre der Himmel. And I'd suggest you kindly give us the details we need or else my female friend here will kill you." You stated, letting out a small amount of your demonic aura from your human form.

The guard flinched by your aura, but answered while his body shook with fright.

"T-The place it's being kept in is locked up t-tight. If you're after the key, keep going further into the ruins but d-don't come after me!" He stammered with a stutter, "I-I don't know which one of the guards has it, but I'm sure y-you can find the guards and f-find out for yourselves."

Your eyes narrowed and signaled Sango to remove the dagger away from the guard, seeing that he was going to faint in any moment. Your female friend obeyed as she took a few steps back before joining to your side while the guard continued to speak.

"One of the Harbingers is already in Mondstadt. Signora. When she gets her hands on you, she's going to string you up and torture you." He informs, "When that comes, don't you dare say a word about me."

And so the guard ran away as you five watched him flee.

"Signora? Who's she?" Sango asked as you all continued your journey.

"No. 8 of the Eleven Harbingers. She goes by the name Signora." Diluc replied, "We better act quickly before she gets wind of what's going on."

Moments later, you all ended up in a large area with multiple rooms filled with Fatui guards. Kilala growls as you calmly pet her fur to calm her down as Jaken tightened his grip on his staff.

"You and Jaken can investigate the half over there while Sango, Kilala, and I take the other half from here." Diluc stated.

You nodded and grabbed the imp by the collar as Jaken quietly sputtered. Once you and Jaken were away from the others, you quickly placed the imp on the  ground and entered one of the rooms as you saw another Fatui guard.

"Hello, do you happen to know where the key by any chance?" You asked before seeing the room closed itself, trapping you with multiple Fatui agents.

You narrowed your eyes as you watched the enemies began to surround you. With a silent hum, you brought out Zanseiken from its sheath and went into a battle position.

"Alright then, let's dance." You grinned and began to fight.

Meanwhile, with Sango, Kilala, and Diluc, they finished off the last Fatui agent as the room opened itself an exit that they've entered.