Chapter 13

You glared at the evil half demon, "Why are you here, Naraku?"

Naraku lightly laughs as he removed his bamboo cloak to reveal his face with a smirk.

"I, myself, don't know either. But to tell you the truth, I'm not physically here in this odd realm." The enemy replied.

Your eyes narrowed, "It would seem you're a puppet, are you not?"

Naraku evilly chuckles as he slowly walks over to you, "You already figured me out, hm?"

Before you could utter a word, Naraku shoots out a tendril.

You quickly dodged the puppet's attack and slashed a large poisonous whip at him. The enemy dodged the green whip, though he wasn't quick enough as the acid lashed a mark on his arm.

The half demon growls and fired a lot of tendrils from different angles to your figure. You flew backwards to dodge the attacks, but at the corner of your eye, a tendril was quickly coming towards you.

Mentally, you didn't have time to bring out Zanseiken nor use your poisonous whip to cut the tendril in half.

Though you were soon rescued as Kilala slashed the tendril with her claws. Jaken used the Staff of Two Heads to fire the flames from one of head's mouth at the other tendrils while riding on the back of the nekotama.

Smiling, you quickly pulled out your sword and slashed the rest of the tendrils as you used the technique for Zanseiken.

"Ryusei no Sōryūha."

The slash from your sword's blade lets out a sparkly glow with the infinite cosmic energy from the Grim Comet and sliced the demon's tendrils like butter.

The puppet of Naraku growls and launches himself at you, but he couldn't as you slashed the demon in half with your blade. The enemy's body was split in half as it disintegrated into medium chunks of flesh from different demons mixed with dirt and soil.

The hideous scent irritated your nose as you covered it with your kimono sleeve. Both Kilala and Jaken joins you as they were also irritated by the disgusting odor.

"This foul smell..." the imp murmurs, "was from Naraku, wasn't it, Lady Y/n?"

You stayed silent before seeing a wooden doll that was cut in half in the middle of the surrounding chunks of demon flesh. But your eyes soon trailed to a faint glow coming from the outside of the soiled fleshed circle.

Knowing what it was, you placed back your sword into its sheath and slowly walked towards to the small glint of light. Kneeling down, you gently picked up the very shard Naraku was collecting.

You kept the shard in your hand as you got up to your feet and turned around to silently walk back to Mondstadt before giving a command to Jaken.

"Burn the pile of flesh and soil. I do not wish for any harm to be spread to any living creature."

The green imp wanted to retort, but he immediately refrained from doing so as Jaken fired flames at the pile with his staff. As you walked away from the fire the imp made, you opened your hand to look at the shard in your grasp.

Multiple questions came into your mind as to how Naraku was doing this. Noticing this, your beast began to speak.

That's a lot of questions...

I know that, Yasu. But what I don't get is how does he know where I'm at.

And your point is...?

You sighed, I don't know...

Your beast went silent, immediately ending the conversation as you take out the jar necklace from hiding and placed the Jewel shard with other shards. You hid back your necklace behind the hem of your kimono while letting out a sigh. Looking back, you could see the flames was no more as smoke lingered.