Chapter 3

"You sure you don't need my help, Aether?" You asked while standing on the sidelines with Paimon and Kilala.

"I'll be fine, Y/n. I can take care of them myself." The boy replied while attacking another slime.

"Eek! There's more of them!" Paimon says as she hid behind your mokomoko.

You and your group are currently surrounded by these large slime blobs as Kilala joined Aether in battle. The two attacks the slimes as more keep on coming. You mentally sighed, seeing as there was no end to these creatures. Not wanting to lose patience, you pulled out Zanseiken and attacked the multiple slimes with your Twin Azure Dragon Wave in one swoop.

Your attack reveals a colossal blue-white twin dragon as it exterminated the creatures before the twin dragon soon flickered away like fireflies. You then sheath your sword before turning to the others, seeing their shocked expressions on their faces.

"You were saying of not needing help?" You joked with a grin, gaining a snicker from Paimon.

A shade of pink dusted upon Aether's cheeks as he was baffled with embarrassment. You chuckled as Kilala went back to her small form before jumping into your arms.

"So, shall we continue our journey to Mondstadt?" You asked as your two companions nodded in reply.

"Hey you! Stop right there!"

You all turned to a figure as you see a girl with brown hair leaps off from a small cliff and lands in front of you.

"May the Anemo God protect you, strangers! I am Amber, Outrider for the Knights of Favonius." She introduced while looking at you and your group, "Hmm, you don't look like citizens of Mondstadt. Explain yourselves!"

"Oh, we're not looking for any trouble." Aether tries to explain.

"That's what all troublemakers would say." Amber replied.

"As he said before, we're not looking for trouble." You said, gaining Amber's attention. "My name is Y/n, and these two are Aether and Paimon." You introduced.

Kilala mewed as Amber looks at the nekotama. "And who might you be, little kitten?" Amber cooed, which you chuckled.

"Her name is Kilala; and she's a nekotama."

"A nekotama, hm?" said Amber, "Never heard of them nor have I ever heard your name before, which to me doesn't sound like a local name." She then looks at you, "Though you kinda look suspicious due to your ears, claws, and the markings on your face."

"I may look suspicious in your eyes, but I do not intend to harm you." You responded with your eyes narrowed, "If I did, you would be dead right now."

"I-Is that so?" Amber said nervously, though the look in your eyes was serious.

Amber clears her throat, removing the tension in the air before she continued.

"And just by the looks of your names and outfit, I'm guessing you three and the cat must be travelers." She stated, "So listen closely, there's been a large dragon sighted around Mondstadt recently. It's best that you guys head inside the city as soon as possible." She informed.

"It's not far from here, I assure you. I shall escort you there. Besides.. I'm not sure if I trust you yet." Amber added.

"My, my, how cruel to say to your guests." You replied with a hidden smirk as Amber blinks before realizing her mistake.

"M-M-My apologies, my lady." Amber stuttered, "Forgive me for what I said, that was something I should not have done as a knight."

"My lady?" Both Aether and Paimon repeated with confusion.

"A-Ah, to be fair, the clothing Y/n wears reminds me of the clothing people wear in Liyue." Amber explains, "And due to that, the designs of her clothing reminds me of a royal empress; or queen for that matter."

Hmm, the kimono I'm wearing that's just like Sesshomaru's does represent of royal status. You mentally chuckled, I wonder where this would lead to.

"So, does that make Y/n a royal lady?" Paimon asks.

"W-Well, if you put it that way..." Amber says nervously.

The floating child cheers as she flies towards you with a hug.

"Yay! Paimon is traveling with a royal lady!" She then looks at Aether and points at him, "And that makes you her royal knight!"

This made the boy blush. "W-What?!"

You chuckled as Kilala placed herself onto your shoulder while you took Paimon into your arms, gaining a light pink dusted on the child's cheeks.

"Now, now, Paimon. That's not polite to people who are older than you." You reminded her, "Though, what makes you then if you said I'm a royal lady and Aether's my personal knight?" You asked.

Paimon's face was almost as red as a tomato as she hides her face on your neck near your pelt.

"Ca...can I..."

"Hm?"

"Can I...call you mommy?"

"..."

A small smile slowly soon formed on your lips as you held Paimon close to you. "Of course, you may...my child."

Both Amber and Aether watched you two with a smile as they heard you speak like a mother, who never had a child before. After that small moment, you gently patted Paimon like an adoring mother as you turned to Amber.

"Shall we go then?"

The female knight nodded. "Yes, my lady. Follow me!"

•<•>•

"So, my lady and her companions, what are you all doing here in Mondstadt?" Amber asks while taking the lead of this journey.

"Well, I was separated from my sister from our journey. As for Y/n, she was taken from her world and got transported here. And Kilala was transported here too from the same world she and Y/n were from." Aether explained as the nekotama mewed to his answer.

Almost true, Aether. After I finished off a demon that I fought, it left a jewel shard and that same shard brought me here after meeting the unknown god. You mentally said while hearing your beast growling at the mention of the unknown god.

That woman shall die by our claws if we encounter her again. The yōkai beast declared.

Revenge can wait, my friend. I too wish to face her again, Yasu, but we have find a way back to our world. You calmly told your beast, though she knew you were a bit angry as well.

"And Paimon is mommy's and Aether's traveling companion!" Paimon happily added, making you end your mental talk with your beast.

"I'm curious though.. where did you get those markings on your face, Lady Y/n?" Amber asked.

"Let's just say...I wasn't born with them." You replied, even though it was true.

"Not born with them?" Aether questions.

"What do you mean, my lady?" Amber added as you walked into a halt and turned to them.

"...I was once human." You spoke without remorse, "And the person you're looking at now is a demon."

"W-Wait. Did you say d-demon, my lady?" Amber asked, looking at you warily.

You nodded, "Indeed. But you must not say a word to anyone for a tale I'm about to tell you three."

Kilala mewed with worry as you gently pet her with assurance before looking back at the three. "Is that clear?"

Amber, Aether, and Paimon nodded and so you began to tell your backstory about yourself and the adventures you and Kilala had in your world.