Chapter 10

As soon as you entered the city, some of the townspeople greeted you as children began to ask if they could play with Kilala.

With your permission accepted, you watched the small group of children play with the nekotama as Kilala mewed happily with them. You let out a chuckle before sensing an odd presence somewhere in the city.

Your beast growls as she spoke. I smell Jean nearby...with an unknown person.

Do you know who?

...

Not hearing a reply from Yasu, you mentally sighed before heading to the headquarters of the Knights of Favonius.

And Yasu was right about Jean with someone, though you hid yourself from being seen as you saw the said woman talking to a masked woman.

Your mind began to wonder who the person was as you felt the masked woman's aura. Not wanting to make your presence known, you decided to stay hidden and wait for the two females finish their conversation.

Not long after, the presence of the strange woman was gone and that was your cue to meet Jean in person.

Moving away from your hiding place, you began to walk to Jean and greeted her with a smile.

"Good afternoon, Jean."

The woman smiled as she saw you, "Good afternoon to you too, Lady Y/n." Jean greeted, "I've heard from Kaeya that you two were able to investigate the Temple of Wolf."

She placed her hand to her chest and bowed. "I thank you for your help."

"It was the least I can do." You grinned, "Though, I was wondering where Lisa is."

Jean raised a brow with curiosity. "May I ask why?"

"Well...Kilala has found an interesting item and gave it to me for safekeeping. So I was thinking of showing the item to Lisa if she has any information about it." You explained, "But I suppose you can join us and take a look at it as well. It's be possible for you to have some knowledge of the item and the power it has."

"I see. Well then, let us head back to headquarters. We shouldn't discuss important matters...out in the open." She stated.

"That would be for the best." You replied.

Before the two of you could walk to headquarters, small footsteps were heard as you and Jean turned to see a boy holding Kilala in his arms. The child walks to your figure and stretched his arms to give the nekotama back to you.

Smiling, you knelt down to the boy's height and kindly took Kilala in your grasp as you placed her to your shoulder. You then placed your hand on the boy's head and gently ruffled his hair.

"Thank you for bringing Kilala back to me, young one." You smiled as you moved your hand back, "Now run along, child. Your parents would be worried if you stay away from them too long."

The boy nodded and hurried back to his family as you and Jean watched him go. A smile was displayed on Jean's face as she looks at you.

"You are very fond of children."

You smiled a little, "I am, though...my childhood wasn't easy."

"...I see."

Neither of you spoke after as you two walked to headquarters. When you and Jean entered the same office the other day, you saw Lisa talking to Aether and Paimon. The floating child was the first to notice you as she quickly flew towards your figure with open arms and engulfs you with a hug.