Chapter 9

You, Kilala, and Kaeya continued exploding the temple while fighting off a horde of the slimes and hilichurls here and there. Though you only assisted him and haven't used your full power yet.

You soon stopped when you found a dead end for the three of you.

"Hm..it seems the path ends here. I suppose we should use the wind currents over there." Kaeya suggested, pointing at the wind current on the left towards another path.

"I see..." you murmured.

You three head towards the path where the wind current gives passage to the other path across. Kaeya was about to take you in his arms, but he didn't realized you were already on the other side of the path. It was a shocker to him as Kilala purred with amusement. You let out a small chuckle as you turned to look at Kaeya.

"Well, are you coming?"

Kaeya slightly smirks and used his wind glider to fly towards you. Kilala follows him as they both land on the same path you're on. The nekotama purrs before shrinking into her original form and jumps into your arms as you caught her.

"You never seemed to amaze me, Y/n." The male grins flirtatiously.

You mentally rolled your eyes due to his quirk of his flirtatious attitude. All of a sudden, you were swept from the ground as Kaeya carried you in his arms bridal style.

"H-Hey! Put me down, Kaeya!" You yelled.

The male ignores you and continues walking while carrying you. You grumbled as your face was a bit red. Your thoughts then went to the crystal that is in your possession.

You have no idea what kind of impure aura it has embedded, though you decided to have a talk with Lisa about the item later once this task with Kaeya is over.

____

Soon enough, you three walked into another room and in the center sat a stone glowing brightly.

"Would this be the stone that Stormterror used to gain power?" You asked as Kilala shifts into her mature form.

"It would appear so. Let's take care of it, shall we?" Kaeya said, summoning his sword.

You pulled out Zanseiken and so the three of you attacked the stone simultaneously. Soon enough, the stone breaks and disappeared on the spot. The nekotama mewed with joy as you smiled while Kaeya leaned against the wall with a grin.

"You know, I think you'll fit right in the Knights of Favonius." He said.

You slightly chuckled as you walked closer to him. "Well, to be honest, I'm afraid I'll have to decline the offer."

"Well then," the male gently grabs your hand and kisses it before looking at you with flirty eyes, "if you're not too busy, please feel free to visit me in my office. I also know a wonderful tavern we can go to, if you'd like." He suggested.

"Or..we can go on another mission. Just you and me. What do you say?" Kaeya asks as you make contact with the wall behind you while Kaeya leans closer towards you.

Seeing this close contact, you quickly brought out a kunai from your sleeve and pointed the blade close to the male's neck. Surprised by this, Kaeya had no words to say as he felt the cold metal under his chin while looked at him in the eye with a smug grin.

"As I've said before back at headquarters, be careful around women." You reminded him, "But I'll tell you my thoughts for the offer another time. And as of right now, I do not wish for any of your flirting or sexual interactions."