Chapter 23: TF IS THIS SHITHOLE

I was rushed to a Toyota Technical.

Nice DShK on it.

This one was modernized. 

It looked genuinely powerful.

From 9A-91's grins, I'm guessing that it must be a pleasure to handle.

The ride itself was far from pleasant, though.

The car itself must have gone through a lot, because the suspension system was basically obsolete against the unpaved roads.

The spontaneous jolts had whiplashed my head against the glass.

In response, I firmly held my neck in place.

AK-74M smirked in response.

"Hah, can't believe you whiplash from that! Weak German!" She says as she does the soviet taunt, "My good Ivan! Why advance in technology and healthcare when sawed off Mosin fixe it all?!"

I tried to retaliate by doing a taunt of my own, but I was too sick to act.

After what seemed to be forever the vehicle lurched to a stop, threatening to fling me out of the windshield.

Thank god I have my seatbelts.

"We're here." C-MS looks behind us.

Her voice was lacking the usual enthusiasm.

I took off my seatbelt and got off, getting a more substantial view of our building.

Ah, shit.

So that was why C-MS looked less than excited.

Cuz the building was a fucking shithole.

[G36]: "That's it?:

Half of the goddam roof was blown off and I swear to god it was just an appropriated abandoned building with a deterring surrounding it.

You would never imagine that this building was of G&K, if it wasn't to the emblem.

Kalina waited next to the entrance.

"Echelon?" She said in a very tired tone, much contradictory to her energetic side.

[G36]: "Yep. Echelon of Sector S09 reporting. Nice to see you ag-"

I was cut off by a fuming Mosin.

[Mosin Nagant]: "Blyat! Bunch of crap! Why is our facility so shit?"

Kalina sighed. A long one.

[Kalina]: "Well, uh,  this facility doesn't revive much attention from HQ because it was considered as 'far away from dangerous Sangvis Operations'."

That shut the Soviets up with a sigh.

I wasn't done, though.

[G36]: "Surely, HQ will give us the funds to at least set up the defences and stuff."

Kalina gave me a look of resentment.

[Kalina]: "Well, he spent most of it on your medical bills. And also your new rifle."

My mouth dropped.

Fuck.

[G36]: "Shit! Aren't the fees taken from my own wages?

She shrugged in helplessness and whispered.

[Kalina]: "Well, um, according to company policies, you were technically still an intern in training, since you weren't officially part of S09 yet. So, no free healthcare for you, and no funds for the commander."

What the fuck.

Nobody told me.

I have to make sure the Soviets don't hear this. Else I'll be fucking mutilated.

[G36]: "So, are there ways to increase my revenue?"

[Kalina]: "Yeah."

HOPE. I leapt in rejoice.

[G36]: "HOW?"

[Kalina]: "You can try looking for jobs within this sector."

Wait, jobs?

I still have to work?

Welp.

Fuck.

As I succumbed into a salvo of resentment, Kalina yawned and paused for a moment to think something.

Kalina, thinking hard, looked adorable.

Bruh, so am I straight or lesbian.

As this question flashes through my mind, Kalina turns towards me.

Something tells me that ain't good.

[Kalina]: "Forgot to tell you, I'll be working with Commander Heiden, as his Logistics Officer. So uh, I guess you guys are stuck with me."

[G36]: "It's not like I mind, since you're 'the best'."

I tried to keep the sarcasm away from my voice.

Turns out, that was a dick move.

[Kalina]: "WOW, I'm glad you think so highly of me! Since we're both unfamiliar with the grounds around. Why don't we go on a tour together?"

Oh fuck.

Not again.

This time with fucking injuries?

I was going to refuse before looking at her damned eyes.

They were beaming with excitement and unadulterated joy. It was like the eyes of a child who was doing their first ever errand. Like the eyes of a puppy dog looking at its owner with wholesomeness.

It hit me.

I got fucking beamed by Kalina.

I just couldn't do it. I couldn't refuse.

My mouth was shaking trying to figure out words to this predicament.

My vision was getting blurry.

My palms are sweaty.

My arms are heavy.

My knees are weak.

Wait, isn't that a song?

You know what fuck it.

AHHHH.

[G36]: "..s..sure"

[Kalina]: "YAYYYYYYYYY! C'mon we're going!"

She said while leaping and fist pumping.

[G36]: "Yeah... Can't wait."

I desperately needed a miracle to get out of this.

And when I requested one, it came. When Commander began pinged us through our comms.

[Heiden]: "All personnel and dolls report at the East Wing of this base."

Kalina looked like she was ready to murder the Commander on the spot.

I, on the other hand, tried very hard not to burst into sighs of relief.

I have to give him my sincere kudos later.

___

(Author's note: This excellent title by @kewwyboi!)