Chapter 26: Job

I took a few deep breaths to calm myself.

Breathing out, I open my eyes to see Kalina running up the stairs with her arms flailing, screaming my name in a very, very hurried and scared tone.

She tripped over the last stair or two and facepalmed onto the ground.

Hard to believe she was so frightening yesterday.

[Kalina]: "G36! K-Kryuger is here! He's asking for your echelon. They've already gathered at the lobby, quickly!"

She said after pulling her face off the ground.

It was very red.

Kinda cute.

But that's besides the point.

WHY THE FUCK IS KRYGUER HERE?!

Kalina grabbed my wrist and charged to the lobby, where Kryuger and the rest of my echelon was waiting.

His arms were crossed.

C-MS still had her pyjamas on and she looked dead inside out.

I guess AK-74 gave her the special treatment.

[Kryuger]: "Alright, listen here. I'm here for my debts, it's due today."

[AK-74M]: "Wait, you never even gave a deadline!"

[Kryuger]: "I did."

He said while pulling out a thick stack of paperwork.

[Kryuger]: "If you look at the terms here, I've specifically requested the money to be paid now."

[Mosin Nagant]: "We can't do it!"

[Kryuger]: "So it's suffice to say that, you don't have the money right?"

[9A-91]: "Basically, yes!"

[Kryuger]: "Figured, that's why I have something prepared for you."

I know from experience that when someone is extremely vague, something bad is going to happen.

Soon a machinery sounded in the distance.

The rumbling came closer. And closer. And closer. Flinging dust everywhere in the process.

It took a while for the dust to set.

Some sort of robotic yellow construction thing crashed through the fencing, with a signpost in one hand and a couple of assembly tools in the other.

PPSh manned it.

Of course it's Russian.

We saw her steering it to the entrance and pinning the signboard down.

[Kryuger]: "You see that signboard?"

[9A-91]: "OF COURSE I BLOODY SEE IT DID YOU NOT SEE WHAT HAPPENED?"

[Kryuger]: "Of course, well this is for you. A commission board. On it are all of the commissions in S09 and the surrounding areas. Those requiring help can pin their commissions over there.."

[Kryuger]: "If you're working properly AND very being frugal, your debts should be paid within a week or two. Recon says it's only basic mundane things for now. Someone will inform you if you're needed."

Kryuger said, putting his hands in his pockets and walked out of the demolished entrance.

As if suddenly remembering something, he stopped and turned his body around, the black tie swinging with him.

[Kryuger]: "Once you've finished your debts, I'll send someone to fix this. Have fun."

He got on the APC revving us idly and left.