32 ❀ I promise I'm still the same soul

Redid this chapter :P

I PROMISE IM STILL THE SAME SOUL

I PROMISE IM STILL
THE SAME SOUL

00:32

**✿❀ ❀✿*

WHEN JAEDEN WOKE UP FROM HIS COMA, the nurses called his father into the room. He had questions that were only piling up within the seconds that people he had never seen before crowded around his bed.

The voices were loud, and the colors around him were too bright that it became overwhelming for him. He knew his father was telling him something, along with what looked like a doctor. But he couldn't hear a single thing.

A month after Jaeden woke up, he finally spoke. Though the first thing was a response to the nurse who gave him lukewarm soup, and when she asked how it was, he only answered. "Cold."

Three months after, Jaeden asked where Y/n was, Mentally wondering why wouldn't she be there now that he was awake. But his father only said that she wasn't coming.

Jaeden grew resentful of everyone around him; to him, it was like he just blinked, and one-second Y/n was crying for him, and now he was in a neatly decorated room. The reality that it's been four years since the accident was too much for him to process.

His father and Jaeden made a deal, if within a year he is suitable for the outside world, he will tell him where Y/n was.

"I have a friend you can stay with, and you just need to get better." Since Jaeden's brain was still trying to function normally from the trauma of losing four years of his life, His father was hesitant to let him off on his own.

A year later had passed since he woke up, and Jaeden was on a plane from Toronto to Vancouver. His father's friend was going to pick him up at the airport. "I haven't seen you since you were a baby." The man smiled brightly, pulling Jaeden into a big hug.

Jaeden only heard vague stories about this man, but one about him was that he was filthy rich.

"My name is Maverick Clementine," He introduced himself. "But I'm sure your father already told you that."

"Clementine? He told me your last name was Smith." Jaeden cocked his brow. "That's my stepfather's last name. I just went by it growing up. But legally, it's Clementine."

Hmm... "You are Y/n's father?" Jaeden questioned. "Uh..."

"You are, aren't you? So that means you know where Y/n is." Jaeden's voice was stuck on monotone while he spoke to Maverick on the way to his home. "Well, not exactly. My half-brother is in contact with her, but I've only seen her once."

He nodded, staring out the window for a few miles until a new question piqued his interest. "Does your brother know where she is?"

"Depends. If she isn't at the library he owns, then he doesn't." Jaeden thought to himself, wondering how he could contact her. He doesn't have her number, he tried to call her, but it was inactive.