50 ❀ Welcome old beginnings

WELCOME OLDBEGINNINGS

WELCOME OLD
BEGINNINGS

00:50
AUGUST 15

**✿❀ ❀✿**

VIV SCRAMBLED FOR A TOWEL TO COVER her body, speed walking down the hallway. Her wet feet made a trail on their hardwood floors. "Y/n! Do you know where you put the shampoo—" Viv stumbled back when the familiar yet unfamiliar man stood in the middle of the living room.

"I'm sorry, Y/n didn't tell me someone else was here." Jaeden turned around. His eyes stayed looking into hers, being respectful not to rake down. Viv gave him a dirty look still, holding her towel tighter. "I haven't formally introduced myself. My name is Jaeden."

"I'm a close friend of Y/n." Jaeden has been doing better with his rather emotionless voice, but instead, he sounded more reserved and respectful. Viv relaxed her shoulders, "Viv. Her roommate..." because she's been getting as many hours as possible. Whenever Jaeden came around, she was already out the door.

Though Jaeden didn't look down, Viv did. Silently fawning over his appearance. She could get a better look at him now, even before she saw him at the bookstore. And with that ginger girl— are they dating?

"I can go outside if that makes you feel more comfortable." Jaeden advanced to the door, but Viv stopped him, reaching out before retracting her arm. He obliged. "No, It's fine- Really. Where... is Y/n?" Jaeden laughed nervously, scratching his shoulder. "I guess she both didn't tell us something."

"Y/n is outside talking to her neighbor, Ms.Moon. She has a gift for Abigail and wants to give it to her. Finn is taking her for today, so we're here to pick her up." Viv nodded before asking why Jaeden was there. He looked away and stared around the room.

"There's something I've wanted to tell Y/n. I wanted to do it without Finn around."

Abigail happily thanked Ms.Moon for the cute toy, "Of course, lovely! I have to make sure I give you your gift on time before my vacation in a few weeks!" Ms.Moon was a native elderly woman who somehow still looked young. She smiled kindly at the small girl.

"Thank you, Ms.Moon." Abigail bent down to pet one of eight of Ms.Moon's. This was an orange one named Sunshine, the friendliest who loved Abigail the most. "Sunshine is very fond of you, Abigail." The little girl hopped up and beamed.

Y/n's face softened, petting her curly hair lovingly. From up the balcony that connected both their apartments, Finn was watching in his Audi. Chosen sat in the front seat with Grace in the backseat.

Right smack in the middle was a strawberry shortcake-themed car seat that Finn got especially customized for Abigail. "What is taking Jaeden so long?" Chosen groaned, laying his head in the window.

Finn almost lived two lives during high school, half spent as a trio with Y/n and Jaeden and another half with Chosen and Grace. Grace hadn't gotten a good conversation with Chosen since the wedding, and Finn has been hanging out with Grace more often with Chosen during these months.