35 ❀ I only write when I'm falling in love

I ONLY WRITE WHEN I'M FALLING IN LOVE

I ONLY WRITE WHEN
I'M FALLING IN LOVE

00:35
January 9th
**✿❀ ❀✿**

JAEDEN TOOK A SEAT ACROSS OF Finn; the two were in the living area in complete silence. He couldn't believe what he was staring at. His old friend, whom he thought was dead, was actually in a coma this entire time.

"It doesn't make any sense." Finn finally said. He had been trying to muster something, but nothing felt right. Jaeden peered over at him, feeling guilty for thinking they had forgotten about him.

"I just got off the phone with my father; good thing I got him right before he went to bed. But I'm sorry he deceived all of you." Jaeden intertwined his fingers while both of his elbows rested on his kneecaps.

"But, I guess I see where he's coming from," Finn admitted. His father thought he was protecting Jaeden but lying to everyone that he had died so nobody would go looking for him if they knew the truth. "You saw Y/n that night, didn't you?"

Jaeden nodded. There was no hiding it now, so Finn told him what had led up to that moment, and while he spoke, Jaeden remained calm though he was a bit upset. "So... She's an exotic dancer?" Looking at the context, it was apparent.

"And... You also happen to work there?" Judgment was laced in his voice as well as his expression. Finn groaned, "Yes. I do, But I didn't know she was a dancer there. My father is good friends with the owner and needed help."

Jaeden decided to drop it, he would get to that later, but he had something else he was interested in speaking about. "And Sadie? Mind telling me why the hell you're married to... Sadie?" This was what Finn was kind of scared of. Jaeden was like a disappointed parent.

"Stuff happens. It's been years."

"When did you guys get married?" Jaeden asked. "7th of December, I think." You think?

"Thank god I found you guys afterward." He cringed. His voice was neutral, though. "Excuse me? Why do you say it like that?" Finn looked offended because he was. Did his best friend not want to be there for one of the most significant moments in his life?

"Are you implying you wouldn't go?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying."

Finn's glare made Jaeden roll his eyes; even though it's been years, he's still very dramatic. "If you were in a coma for three years and thought everyone just forgot about you and went on with their lives, maybe you would see where I'm coming from."

It felt surreal seeing Jaeden go on with his little speech. And Finn let him because he had so much to say. "I know it's selfish of me to assume that everyone would pause their entire world for me, but that's my thought process for the time I was awake."

"You might've grown from that night, but I haven't." Jaeden eyes bore into Finn. "The last thing I remember was Y/n's screaming for me, then it was like I blink, and suddenly, I'm in an entirely different room."