42 ❀ I sleep through the sunrise often

I SLEEP THROUGHTHE SUNRISE OFTEN

I SLEEP THROUGH
THE SUNRISE OFTEN

00:42
February 8

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, AND MORE LOVE!" A sign in front of Malakai's bookstore wrote. The place was often decorated from the ceiling to the floor, especially during special occasions like Valentine's day.

Y/n was desperate for a job; she needed to pay her rent by the end of next week. And she was close to selling the toy that Jaeden bought her, but maybe it was selfish that she didn't want to.

"Morning, Dear. My husband will be happy to know you took up the position." Tammy greeted; she would be around more often because of a Book drive this Valentine's Day. Anyone from the city can donate, purchase, or borrow books.

Valentine-themed gifts and sweets will also be provided to anyone. "Thank you so much for giving me the job." Y/n thanked. "We also got a new hire a few weeks ago, but she's a bit of a slow learner. Let's hope you're a bit faster."

Tammy was a bit overbearing, but she was nice. "My husband is in his office. I'll write down your hours in a post-it note until we can get you in the system."

Malakai perked up when Y/n came to his office, "Hi, Mr.Smith." She felt slightly uncomfortable after what happened last week but was willing to ignore it because she needed the job. "Please, Call me Malakai. Seeing as though we are family."

She nodded nervously. "Did my wife tell you what to get started on?" Malakai shut his laptop, standing up from his seat. He made his way towards Y/n. "No, not yet."

"No problem. I only have one worker right now. She's our newest. I'm sure Tammy told you she's a bit of a slow learner." Y/n followed the tall man to the back room connected to the cashier's desk.

Behind here was cozy; there were piles of books in case a customer wanted one that wasn't on the shelf. "I'll introduce you two, and you both can recover the store for today. It's a bit slow."

The girl turned around when she heard Malakai's voice. Y/n's face dropped when she saw Vivian standing in front of her. "Lo—Viv?"

"You two know each other?" Malakai asked.

"No." "—Yes."

Vivian gave her a death glare. "What a small world. Well, Vivian, I want you two to recover the store today. If there's a customer, please ring them up."

Malakai turned to Y/n. "If you have any questions, ask Tammy or me."

When it was just Viv and Y/n in the back room, Y/n diverted her attention to the books around them. "Let me guess. You're going to tell everyone I lied about being a model?"

Viv crossed her arms in disbelief. "That's not my business. Why would I tell anyone?" Y/n defended herself. "Whatever, it's not like it matters anymore. Let's get this work done." She followed Viv out of the room.