39 ❀ Wait for me by the flowers

WAIT FOR MEBY THE FLOWERS

WAIT FOR ME
BY THE FLOWERS

00:39
January 21
**✿❀ ❀✿**

IT WAS EARLY JUNE, THE SUN WAS setting later in the day, and the air was warm. Young Y/n had told Finn to meet her at the Bloedel Conservatory by six pm. So that's what he did, Y/n had arrived earlier than they had agreed because she went on foot.

Her mother wouldn't have dropped her off, so she didn't even bother asking. Y/n was starting to get nervous when she checked her phone, which was now six-thirty. Assuming maybe something must've happened, maybe he forgot, maybe he got into an accident on the way here.

But her phone rang. It was Finn calling her. "Where are you? I'm sorry I'm late. My mom didn't want to take me, so I bribed my dad." He sounded out of breath since he was running into the public garden.

Y/n smiled, escaping from where she was sitting. "I'm waiting for you by the flowers." She joked, knowing they were in a large area of only flowers. "Y/n." Finn stopped in his tracks, taking a deep breath.

Her laugh came through the phone call, "We're surrounded by flowers." Finn pointed out, only making her laugh harder. "Guess you're just going to have to come find me, brownie boy."

Hanging up the phone, Finn had a mission to find Y/n in the sea of plants and blooming flowers. By the time he did catch her, she quickly hid again. "I see you, Y/n."

He tapped her shoulder to get her from hiding her face in the wall. "I found you. Turn around." Y/n gave him a look of defeat before grabbing his face between her hands and kissing his lips softly.

The two teens stayed there for hours, watching the sunset while they sat. Y/n downed her second bottle of alcohol, and Finn drank a water bottle. She peeked over at him while the sun was lowering on his face.

Finn was always handsome. She knew that since the first time she saw him in detention. She joked that he looked like boiled chicken, but deep down, Y/n thought he was so pretty. "We should come here again."

She raised her knees to point at the sky while her feet lay flat on the pavement, placing her hands under her thighs. "Yeah, it's nice. And nobody tells us to leave as long as we don't ruin anything."

Rolling her eyes, Y/n lightly pushed him. "You're such a wet blanket, always caring about the law and stuff." Even though they were dating, Y/n still had a difficult time flirting.

After about fifteen minutes, the sun was ceasing to shine on their skin. "Let's go before it gets too dark. Are you going to call your mom to pick you up?"

The two were walking out together, intertwined hands, and Finn was gently soothing her with the caressing of his thumb on the back of her palm. She said no, saying it was only a twenty-minute walk from her mother's house.