34 ❀ What's keeping me from hating you?

WHAT'S KEEPING MEFROM HATING YOU?

WHAT'S KEEPING ME
FROM HATING YOU?

00:34
January 2nd
**✿❀ ❀✿**

Y/N REMEMBERED WHAT SHE SAW—an angel. Jaeden must be watching over her. He came at the right time— right when she needed someone.

She didn't feel too upset about what happened, though it was an emotional moment for her; maybe it wouldn't have triggered such a response from this angel.

But let's be honest. She was in denial.

Y/n thought it was some bad dream, some terrible dream that landed her in some universe where Finn's coat was lying smack on the floor. A dream that gave her a horrible hangover, as if she did drink a bottle of liquor like in the dream.

But Dalia and Claudia begging for answers on what she said had proved to Y/n that this was, in fact.. reality. A reality that she was pretending she was okay with, but there's no way she could've told Finn.

There's no way she could've... well.

"Hello? Are you there?" Finn waved his hand in front of her face to get her to step out of her daze. It was just them two in the middle of a diner because Y/n called the number he used last night to change their meeting location—putting aside the many times she asked:

"How the hell did you get my number?"

Finn groaned in frustration. "Why do people ask me that? I got it from Sadie." He sassily responded.

"Well— anyways. Claudia told me you're trying to come over to my house." Y/n started. She tried her hardest to sound like she wasn't hearing pounding drums in her brain from her hangover.

"Is that alright? I want to talk about what happened." Finn was in the kitchen trying to make a perfectly flipped pancake on the stovetop. "It's fine. But not here. The place is messy, and D- Flame and Claudia are here."

He kept the phone between his shoulder and cheek. "Then just clean up and kick them out. It's barely eleven." Dalia held Claudia back from running to snatch the phone from Y/n's hand.

"Can't we just do it somewhere else?"

"Wanna go out for lunch?" Finn said nonchalantly though he looked back to see if Sadie was nearby.

Y/n coughed loudly, making Finn quickly move it away from his ear. "Uh... yeah, sure."

Now that the two were sitting directly across from each other, Finn had a very apparent scowl. Noticing the missing Abigail. "Why didn't you bring our daughter?"

Y/n rolled her eyes. "My daughter is with Claudia." Her response made Finn cross his arms like an upset child. "Can I not call her my child?"

"No, because you've only known she's your child for a few hours—"