seventeen

"You won't believe it!" Adriana exclaimed, coming back to Luis with the food in one hand and a cup full of coke in the other one.
"What happened?" He asked confused, taking his eyes of the two teams, that were currently warming up.
"I was about to get my food and then I spotted a United player and he looked at me as well. Then guess what!" She told him. Luis looked at her, indicating that she should continue.
"He winked at me!"

Luis held both of his hands in front of his mouth, gasping. Good thing, Adriana hasn't told him about Pedro yet. Otherwise he'd probably freak out even more.
"You're joking. Who was it?" He was desperate, which player was lowkey flirting with his friend. The whole situation could've been meaningless, but he didn't want to believe that.

"That's the thing, I don't know who it was. I couldn't see his number. He had brown hair and brown eyes if I saw that right."
Luis deadpanned.
"Do you know how many of them have brown hair?"
Adriana shrugged, taking a closer look to the pitch. Maybe she could identify him, even though they were far away from the field.
"Was he cute though?"
"I mean, kind of. Not usually what I would go for, but still pretty."
Luis wiggled with his eyebrows, to which Adriana shook her head laughing. Just then she thought of Pedro again. Should she feel bad about being so excited over this Manchester player?

She liked Pedro, a lot. But they weren't something official. In addition, it was just a wink. Nothing serious and she probably won't see this player again. Her thoughts got interrupted by the game, which was now finally starting.

While Adriana thought about the current situation, Pedro tried to find Adriana somewhere in the huge crowd of fans before the game started. He eventually did. Now smiling to himself, he watched the girl excitingly talking to her friend. He was happy that Adriana was there to support him, even though he wished that she would wear his jersey instead of Pablo's. But he couldn't complain, after all Pablo was still her best friend and also kind off brought them together.

After successfully finding Adriana, he now could concentrate on the game. It was a important one as well. But his time on the pitch didn't last very long. At least not as long as he hoped for.

Due to a foul in the 41th minute, Pedro had to get subbed off. His injury was too severe. With his head hanging low, he limped to the bench. What was Adriana now thinking off him? Was she thinking the same way, like many other people do? Was she overlooking him as well?

Pedro didn't want to think about that. And he truly didn't believe that the girl would look at him this way, but for some reasons he couldn't get those thoughts out of his mind.

The game ended with a 2:2. Not as good as he wanted it to end, but it also could've been worse. Now the return match in England would decide which team gets another chance in the Europe League.