thirtysix

"At the end of today's lesson, I have an important announcement to make. Please listen up, everyone."

Adriana listened to her professor, almost falling asleep. She got home late last night. She didn't want to deal with her parents, that's why she waited until they went to bed. Luis shook her shoulder when she dozed off to a microsleep.

"As you guys know, the first internship is approaching and we've decided to make this one an international internship. We wanted to have a huge selection for you. Please make sure to find an place for the internship by the end of the month. If you have any questions left, feel free to ask me right away." With that, the professor ended the lesson. Students began to talk about the internship as they were packing their things.

"An international internship is so interesting, don't you think? Do you have any idea already?" Luis asked his brown haired friend, who shook her head.
"Not yet, I guess I'll search for something later. Right now, I'm not in the mood to do so. What about you though?"
"Hm I understand. Just talk through it with Pedro, I'm sure you two figure out something. Maybe I'll search for a school psychologist, maybe somewhere in East Asia. You know, their school system is crazy. I'm sure their school psychologist differs from ours." He answered, Adriana nodded.
"Sounds like a plan. So you want to be far away?"
"I mean, if we got the opportunity why not use it?" He smiled to which Adriana agreed.

It was afternoon, Adriana was laying in her bed, listening to some music with her headphones while informing herself about different speciality areas of psychologists. One that stood out to her was a sport psychologist.

She knew Pedro would come around sooner or later just to talk, since he let her know in advance. But due to the loud music, that was echoing through her headphones, she didn't notice him standing behind her. Pedro looked interested over a shoulder, on her laptop. Carefully he approached the brown haired girl, trying not to scare her. Which worked more or less.

"How was your day?" Pedro asked, not wanting their conversation to become awkward.
"Good, besides that I got some stares at university again. Oh, and that I heard people shit talking me here and there." She answered sighing. She really didn't want to blame Pedro, but to him it sounded exactly like that.
"I'm sorry, my love. I'm so sorry. But we have to go through this, okay?" He took her hand into his.
"We? It's not like the people hate on you. They still treat and cherish you the same." Adriana scoffed slightly.
"You know that if I could, I would do anything to make it stop. I'm just clueless at this point as well. Try to understand me as well." He argued back.
"Whatever." Adriana ended the topic. Pedro glanced to her laptop again, his curiosity peaking up.
"Why are you researching about sport psychologists in France?" He asked bewildered.