thirtythree

And they were right. People on the internet didn't believe Adriana. Even when Pedro posted a statement, addressing everything, they were still hating on Adriana. The girl usually wasn't bothered by this. They're just some people on the internet, who haven't achieved anything and didn't know the truth. But now it was really getting on her nerves. Whenever she was outside, either it was with Pedro or alone, random people assaulted them, or rather Adriana herself.

Pedro desperately wanted to do something against it, but Adriana told him not to. The only think he could de, and also did, was posting about the truth on his instagram page.

The young couple was going out to have dinner at a restaurant. When they were back in his car, a group of people stopped them at a red light and were throwing assaults at Adriana. Pedro was close to roll down his window and tell them to fuck of, but Adriana stopped him since she didn't want his reputation to become bad just because of her.

"So, what are you planning on doing about it?" Alejandro Balde asked as him and other players were having some drinks at Adriana's house on her terrace.
"Letting it cool down, hoping people will forget about it eventually." Adriana shrugged whilst sipping on her Aperol.
"I don't know how you can stay so positive about all this." Ferran said before chugging down his whole glass.
"For real though. Mikky always got so much hate for the tiniest things when we posted pictures or went out in the public." Frenkie added.
"I just try to focus on the more important things." Adriana gave him a smile back. To everyone else there it seemed genuine, Pedro was the only one really knew her feelings. Sometimes he blamed himself. Because of him Adriana is feeling that way. Surely, if she was with someone else she'd be more happy. She wouldn't get assaulted the second she places a foot outside her house.

Even at her university, she was bothered by other students calling her names behind her back. Obviously that didn't go unseen to her. Luis was the only one who'd still sit next to her in any classes without giving her a weird attitude or whispering to their friends whenever she entered the room. Adriana always had his back. When people were calling her names, he stood up for the girl, even if she wasn't there at the moment.

Adriana didn't know how much longer she could ignore all those things. But she desperately wanted to stay strong. For Pedro, for her family and friends, for her career but also for herself.

"Just so you know, we're always there for you." Ansu reassured her. Adriana smiled. She didn't know her boyfriend's and best friend's friends for that long, yet they made her feel safe. Like they're genuinely wanting to help her.
"Thank you, I really appreciate it."
"How about we'll change the topic?" Pablo changed the conversation with the intention to enlighten the mood, which worked not that bad.