The Nanny (Part Three)

Regina sighed as she opened the door to leave the restaurant. Her cheeks were blotchy from crying and she clutched her bag of leftovers tightly. Breakups were always hard and there was a part of her that felt bad for Graham. It wasn't his fault that her heart belonged to someone else. That someone else was leaning against his car in the parking lot scrolling on his phone.

"Everything okay, beautiful?" Robin asked softly when he saw her approach him.

"Yes, I'm just not good at the breaking up thing. He was really nice," she said as she stood in front of him.

"But I'm nicer," Robin said with a wink as he cupped her cheek which made her laugh a little.

"You are. We just need some time to talk about what you said earlier. I want to date but we have to think about your children."

"They're practically yours and they idolize you. I'm sure they'll be happy that we're together," Robin said as he grabbed the bag in her hand. He placed it on top of the car before pulling her into a close hug. "Don't think about that now."

Regina sighed into the hug and wrapped her arms tight around Robin's waist. She noticed he put on his cologne that smelled like deep pine and the forest. That was her favorite smell in the world and it made her heart feel warm. Before she knew it she was thinking about a future that they could have together and tears escaped her eyes. She could be very happy with him if she let herself. Would she?

"I've never seen you cry," Robin said as he pulled away to look at her. He wiped some tears from her face before sighing. "I'm here if you want to talk, milady."

"Let's just go home. I'm sure Will is waiting for us," she said with a laugh before she grabbed the carefully wrapped leftovers. "I bought you dinner. I noticed you didn't eat tonight."

There was a soft twinkle in Robin's eyes before she handed him the bag. He opened the bag and laughed when he saw the contents. "You bought me a burger?"

"With bacon, extra cheese, and no tomatoes. I know it's your favorite," she said with a soft smile.

"When will you stop taking care of everyone, Ms.Mills?"

"When it's not my job anymore. Now, take me home."

"No please? You wound me, milady," Robin said with a gasp as he opened the car door for her.

"Please," she said softly before kissing his cheek and getting into the car.

Robin's cheek blushed bright red at the small kiss she gave him. He shook his head before getting into the driver's seat and started to drive them home. It took about five minutes into the drive before Regina scolded him for eating a messy burger while driving. He grumbled in response before spilling ketchup on his shirt when he made a sharp turn. Regina sighed to herself before she inevitably fell asleep in the car.

Regina didn't wake up until she felt herself being picked up. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked up to see Robin's face. Her hands went up to play with the scruff on his face which made him look down at her. She gave him a cheeky smile before rubbing her hand on his cheek.

"You know I can walk right?" Regina said softly once he made his way into the house.

"Maybe I just like carrying you. You look cute when you're asleep and not nagging me like I'm Roland or Henry," he said as he made his way into the living room.

"Well, you are their father. It's only fitting I scold you as I scold them," she said once he set her down on the sofa.

Robin rolled his eyes as he sat down next to her. He moved her feet so that they lay on his lap. He slowly removed her heels and placed them on the floor by the couch. Regina propped her head up on a pillow and looked at Robin with a smile. She felt something flutter in her stomach and knew that she was having butterflies.