Chapter One: White Rose

"You know being here early was a huge mistake right?" Shadow looked over to Cream as she was organizing newspapers at the entrance, "oh yeah?" Shadow replied unamused, "you know how Rouge just takes the longest to arrive to her own meetings! I'm shocked you decided to even be here, you usual come an hour later"  Shadow watched as Cream struggled to climb back up her chair to appear taller at her desk. "Uh-huh." Shadow laid back on the sofa ready to fall asleep for the day until Rouge burst in with a fit. "Lady Rouge, you're back!" Cream jumped down hurrying to give Rouge a hug but noticed she was fuming. 

"Sorry Cream, I need a room." Cream got serious and walked back to her desk, "Sleep or Business?" Rouge put money down and started walking to the elevator, "Business." Shadow sat up sighing for what's to come, he knows she called him for work but she didn't really give him details other than its a face to face information only. Shadow followed behind her giving Cream a small nod. 

As they head to the room Shadow noticed Rouge on her phone looking through messages after messages, "is everything okay?" he asked puzzled, Rouge didn't say a word until they arrived into their room. "This is more important than my own life understand?" Shadow slowly nodded heading inside, the business rooms are different from the others. This is Vanillas company she owns on the side, she gets Cream to run it when she's busy doing her main job as being a Baker. 

The Business Rooms are only allowed if you have the luxury card that only Vanilla gives out, Cream can't hand them out yet since she doesn't know the paper works. "Shadow, can you focus!" Rouge smacked the table making Shadow look down seeing all the pictures she threw down. "You see this Cabin? You're gonna go into the Forest of the End to get to it, I need you to go there because Knuckles let one of his assassinations go wrong and the person escaped there. Supposedly the person tricked him into letting him get something quote on quote important to him in there."

Shadow face palmed from the idea of Knuckles literally listening to the person he was supposed to kill, Knuckles usually isn't rusty but if they bring up something "Important" to them they want to see or be done before death he will let them have a chance. Sucky part is Knuckles gets lost easily.

"How did he even get out?" Shadow questioned, which made Rouge roll her eyes, "he didn't! He's still lost in that damn forest, so I'm getting you to finish off his job and I'll get Knuckles." Before Shadow could ask more questions Rouge put down a briefcase full of gems, "this was his payment, you get half- what do you say?" Shadow glared, "why can't you get anyone else to do it?" 

"Everyone else has their own things! All have their own jobs and stuff, I need you! I wouldn't be asking you if someone else was open!" Rouge said slamming the briefcase shut. "You taking it or what?!" Shadow hesitated before agreeing. "Now get going! I need to do some stuff for heading out myself," Rouge shoved Shadow out of the room leaving him rushing back to his car to get ready. "Wait she didn't even let me know where it is!" Soon as Shadow was going to go back inside, Rouge texted him the location. "Finally."

[Forest of The End] 

Wondering around Shadow kept looking at his phone trying to figure out how far he's already gotten in the forest, he was irritated on the fact how wild the forest was, he didn't think it would be this untamed causing his allergies to kick in. "Dammit, I should be there by now!" He growled losing reception on his phone. "Dammit!" He tossed his phone on the ground looking around aimlessly. "It really will be the end if I get lost." Shadow sighed finding a trail leading deeper in. "Who would even build a Cabin in these w-" Before Shadow could finish he was interrupted by a loud scream, it echoed throughout the entire forest causing him to try to locate where it could have come from. "Rouge?!" He assumed it could be her, she said she'd get Knuckles after all. He waited until he heard the scream again, turning on his heel and ran towards where it was the loudest.