Chapter Six: Worrying Too Much

As 4 months have passed, Amy and Shadow continued to live in the forest, he went back to the cabin and fixed it up with Knuckles and Rouge.

Amy hated the cabin, she remembered doing everything herself and being locked up in that room, but Shadow torn it down changing everything about that room, the floor, the texture to the walls, rid of every detail down to the touch and he even traded out all the furniture. 

They stayed in hiding till things get quiet, but it hasn't one bit. Shadow is still wanted and Sonic hasn't let go of the fact Amy is still around. Cream was saved but Tails was on close observation with Sonic, stuck at his hip. Knowing all that has passed, Shadow didn't want Amy to know any of it.

He didn't want her to worry for their friends, even though they've been stuck in the forest Shadow was able to regain memories of Amy. Not of them being in love but when they were friends and she was there for him. The more he remembers the more he cares for her. Shadow was currently laying on the couch sleeping, his dream bringing nostalgia.

The scent of roses filling up his nose, he could feel his body become more lighter like he was floating in the air, maybe it was just him being at peace because of how things have been so far. Shadow could feel her hand running through his fur sending shivers. She was so gentle with him it made him uneasy.

As the memory continued he heard a faint voice, "I love you." Startled hearing those words he sat up quickly catching his breath, looking around confused. Amy was sitting on the couch across from him, "what's the matter?" Amy asked confused, Shadow stared at her empty gaze which wasn't staring directly at him but a bit far to the left. "I.. It's nothing." Shadow grabbed the cup of water on the table taking a sip, even though he said it was nothing Amy could tell it was something important to him.

Shadow sat there thinking of the memory, he remembered the feeling of the hand touching him to him being at peace, but he couldn't remember who it was, the voice didn't sound clear either, was it... "I heard you saying someone's name... Maria?" Shadow glared at Amy, "I said it was nothing!" Shadow rushed off already upset, now he's confused, was it really Maria he dreamt about? But the woman had pinkish hair, he was sure it was Amy. 

"I'm sorry, for butting in." Amy said looking down, "whatever, just leave me alone for a bit." Shadow said grabbing his jacket leaving the cabin. "Shadow!" Shadow stopped turning to Amy running outside, "can you take me with you? Please, I would like to return to your home." Shadow rolled his eyes, "no. But, I will take you to see Rouge if you want." Amy was about to answer but she stopped herself.

Shadow noticed how sad Amy has been for the past month, somethings going on with her and he didn't even know what it could be, is it because she's stuck out here? Shadow kept thinking of ways to give her more expression to her face, then a memory appeared! He saw her expression just the same, "uh, how about we make out?" Shadow tried to sound cocky but he was weirded out by the fact he's ever said this joke. Amy's face got flushed remembering this joke.

"Haha, just-" Before Shadow could speak Amy rushed over taking this chance, she grabbed the collar of his jacket pulling him down for a kiss. Shadow didn't think she'd actually go for it, but when their lips almost touched he pulled away pushing her back gently. "Wow!" Shadow grabbed his bike hurrying to the dirt trail, "don't do that again." He ordered staring at her new expression, her eyes were glowing with joy and her cheeks were red.

"Don't tease me then," Amy said smiling, he got on his bike and hurried off. Amy stood there thinking about what just happened, she was in awe he said that joke, "he's remembering..." Amy did a small dance before hurrying back inside.

No one knew this but Amy's sight was coming back slowly, everything is currently blurry but she can make out what things are, she's notice Shadow's reactions to her were.. different from before as well. From him always yelling at her,  to him being more gentle, his attitude changed where he'd let her touch him and even hold him for a split second before leaving. She felt lucky enough to even get so close to his face... To feel his breath on her face and the feeling of heat rise to his cheeks from almost getting kissed. Amy sat down at the couch trying not to squeal with excitement.