Chapter Five: Together Again

[Shadow's POV]

No matter what everything leads back to her, I finished my jobs but the entire time I was killing those people off, I thought of her. It was endless cycle of just Amy. I ran into Tails and it was about Amy again.

I feel relieved I didn't leave her there in the cabin, now that I know there was no reports that went in, whoever kept her there could have moved her somewhere else if I did. The thought of it sent a chill down my spine, "why do I care?" I keep wondering this, the more she's brought up the more I desire to see her. 

I want to remember again, I felt like I shouldn't but now I want to. The happiness she brings, anyone who mentions her they smile, I haven't seen them express such joy in ages. Was her disappearance the cause of sadness that has been around since I can remember?

The lack of color is brought back to our faces whenever she is around.  I don't need her, but everyone else does. I need to make up with her for Rouges sake, I've never seen Rouge so interactive since Amy came, from when she wants to show off and be cocky to her being childish and clingy. I want to continue seeing her like that especially for Knuckles.

Whenever I think of her I think of the memories I've collected so far, I took a re-step back to the park I left her at, this park has a memory here too, this fountain where she was sitting at. I remember kissing her here and kneeling down... I can't remember the rest, it sickens me that I had that look on my face when I looked at her.

The face of love, the look in my eyes said it all. I was in love with Amy once upon a time, yet I don't remember it's like it's being blocked out my head. "Amy..." I sat at the fountain trying to remember again. When I try I feel like needles are being stabbed into my heart and the splitting headache doesn't go away until I stop, but I need to push it, I need to remember.

Remember... How she looked, the short hair, the emerald eyes. The way she used to tackle me thinking I was Sonic.

"Yeah! There we go." I held my head into my hands feeling the splitting pain kick in, "she used to cling to me a lot, but whenever he was around..." I suddenly felt rage. "She'd leave me and go to him, she was hugging him, kissing, they..." The pain in my chest felt like my heart was going to stop. 

"Shadow?" I felt like I was going to die, the pain... It hurts, I could see Sonic kneeling down in front of her, in front of this fountain- "Shadow!" I looked up seeing Sally there, "huh?" I stood up too fast I got dizzy, "Shadow, what are you doing?" Sally grabbed onto me holding me up. "Uh... um," I wasn't clear headed,  but I knew I should get away from Sally as possible.

"I, I gotta go." I pulled away from her before trying to leave but she grabbed my hand, "Shadow, where's Amy?" I froze, regaining my conscious so fast from just hearing her name. "I don't know." I smacked her hand away, "you do know! I need to find her, Sonic operation find Amy is back up and you being here lets me know she's been around you!" I glared at Sally confused on her statement, "come on, you proposed to her here!" 

"Sonic did that not me." I snapped walking away, "yeah after you did! He didn't even know this place existed if you didn't tell him about it." The headache started returning, "enough! I'm leaving now." I went up to my bike grabbing it from the nearby alleyway, "Shadow come on, if we work together we can get Amy to safety! Her being with you isn't safe at all and you know that!" Her words were convincing I knew this already but hearing someone else say it makes me just want to quit.

"Whatever involves Amy, leave me out of it." I started up my bike but she stood in front of it. "Listen, I know she hurt you and you want to keep forgetting! But I already can tell you are still in love with her!" I grit my teeth shoving her with my bike for a second making her startled, "what the hell!?" She backed away allowing me to ride off.