Chapter Fifteen: Promise

When I try to remember, it fades away. Like a memory I want to remember but I keep forgetting it. 

The softness of her lips, her gentle touch, the way she said my name to the way she looked at me. I couldn't get used to it before, but now I adored every second. I was stiff at first, locked my feelings away so I didn't have to worry about getting hurt but she kept protecting me, helping me become more open. 

I wanted to do more for her and slowly when I caught feelings I was shocked we felt the same for me. I wanted to do more from there, being together for so long made my heart slowly ease and the world change into something so bright, but I knew I was being used at the beginning, she would always take me places Sonic would go, show off that me and her were hanging out. Even act and purposely call me Sonic. 

Yeah I hated it but it but I enjoyed her company so much. 

"Shadow!" Her sweetness in her voice when she started saying my name, "Boyfriend!" When she gave me a title.

"My love.." When she showed me love, I felt complete. "You're going to get hurt you know?" I looked up to Mephiles who was organizing medical supplies, I spun on the chair for a second. "I'll be fine! Honestly, I haven't felt this great in forever.." I said trying to hide my flustered face, just thinking about it alone made me feel embarrassed for some reason.

"I see.." I didn't know that when I told him about Amy, he would use it to entertain himself. She was random always doing something that got her hurt but this time...

She hurt someone else and I wished it wasn't me, she was kneeling down in front of my holding my hand back as she sobbed into it. I just stomped on the roses I brought her and the ring I held tightly in my hand I wanted to burn, "please Shadow! I'm so sorry! I swear I love you-" I glared looking at her pitiful face, the way she looked right through me as if I wasn't even there, she's only crying because she got caught.

"Don't ever come near me again. I despise you." Those were the last words I said before leaving her. Amy told me she wanted to break up, she didn't tell me why but I realized it when I noticed another ring on her finger that wasn't mine... I raged and asked her to give me my ring that I personally gave her until I found it on a necklace around her neck yanked it off and walked off with it.

I was going to throw it into the fire but I couldn't bring myself to. Once I returned to Maria and told her what happened I realized Mephiles was listening and enjoyed my pain. 

His eyes showed so much joy like he did when our parents died he just smiled at me as I sobbed, I should have thought he would use my pain to do something like this especially with Amy. 

"Shadow.." Whenever Maria said my name after Amy vanished from my mind it always sounded empty and I couldn't stand it, it was like something was missing yet a part of me kept yelling me to let it die don't look for it, I wish I listened when I found Amy I should have listened to the voice that screamed such agony.

Have you ever felt such a betrayal by a lover who didn't love you but loved another?

It's the most painful feeling in the world, it's worse when you were going to ask for their hand they went for the other when they got the chance. "Shadow?" Now that she was everywhere her saying my name felt like a nostalgic feeling I didn't want to go away it made my heart flutter and I hated it. By the time we finally added all the pieces to the puzzle oh.

Oh how I was wrong. I thought this was a curse of our love not working or a promise.. I promise we made that I had to forget because of her but now. No. It was because she was selfish and treated me still as a object some women think its fine to just react and not think about the consequences.