Chapter Three: A Secret Between Us

"Hey Faker!" Sonic looked up to see Shadow standing on a pole above him, "Shadow?! What are you doing here?" Shadow jumped down standing next to Sonic, "I came out for a run until I saw you chasing some guy around, I've never seen you struggle before," Sonic glared, "I didn't! I just, I..." Shadow loved seeing the distress in Sonic's face, the fact he couldn't keep up and let his precious Amy get away made him want to laugh right in his face.

"I don't have time for this!" Sonic walked past Shadow, "You don't want to play with me Sonic? Not today? That's not like you, was it because of the guy you were chasing?" Shadow couldn't help but rub it in,  "Shadow of all days you decide to pop up out of no where why does it have to be now?!" Shadow began to laugh, "you're getting personal?" 

"Shadow..." Sonic became furious, "you wanna play! I'll play!" Sonic threw the first punch which Shadow dodged. "Personal it is."

[With Amy]

Amy sat there continuing to wait, as the time flew by, she didn't even realize the sun was setting, she continued to fidget with her hands it felt weird to her, to be back at this park. She thought of the date she's been on in the past, making her heart flutter with nostalgia. "I miss those days... Why did they have to end so fast?" Amy sighed kicking her feet.  Couple of hours passed and Amy began to overthink, "Did... Did he really want to just get rid of me?" Amy started messing with her nails, just staring at the ground she didn't know what to do, she didn't know where to go. She recognized places and things but she doesn't remember it by heart. 

Amy bit her lip of the idea of her returning to Sonic, "It would have all gone to waste..." Amy muttered, "Hey, is that a chick?" Amy sat up straight hearing strangers walking by, "what's a girl like that sitting alone?" 

Amy thought of just getting up and walking away but she doesn't know what's in front of her, how far is the street? How close is the gate? 

"Hey, what's your name?" She heard them approach her, "wow you got pretty hair, I've never seen such eyes either." She felt disgusted by the stench of alcohol filling the air, it made her stomach turn "why is there always a drunk when you don't want'em?" Amy thought to herself. "Hey, wanna come hangout with us?" One of the guys reached out to her but she smacked his hand away, "Wow, feisty!" Amy felt one of the guys grab her arm, "hey!" Amy yelled grabbing the guy holding her wrist, she threw him over her shoulder into the fountain behind her, "You bitch!" One of the guys grabbed her other arm pulling her over making her scream.

She felt like puking, the darkness she saw seemed to make her more sick when she was confused on where she was, "Shadow!!" She screamed out. "Who the hell is Shadow?!" He shoved her into the fountain while the other guy climbed out, "that's what you get- ACK" Amy heard loud thuds along with groans of pain. As a small breeze kicked in she could smell the gentle petals fly on by, "Shadow?" She heard one of the guys begging for Shadow to stop punching him in the face.

Amy could only image what he could look like, how she remembered him, how furious he is when someone else touches her... That's the shadow she knew, the smell of blood scented fresh plums. "Shadow..." Amy reached out trying to look for him but the smell of alcohol was still in her nose. Shadow continued to beat one guy after another, "dude! Enough! You can have her! She's not even that pretty!" Shadow turned to the last guy all soaked, "what?" Amy felt Shadow brush by her before grabbing the guy pounding his face in, "how dare you!" Amy could hear something crack along with punches, "Shadow stop it!" 

"How dare you say something like that?!" Shadow continued, Amy reached out grabbing his wrist before he could throw another, "that's enough!" Shadow looked at her surprised, Amy didn't care about any of this, "Shadow.." She began crying.