Chapter Sixteen: Finally It's Over

[ Narrators POV ]

Shadow was right Amy was ready if things went south though she didn't think it'd go this south.. Cream was waiting in her car for Amy. 

When Amy walked over and entered Creams car, she slammed the door shut as she put her feet up on my seat to hug her knees close sobbing. "Amy?!" Cream reached out about to hug her but noticed Amy didn't need a hug yet... She just needed to cry it out, Cream sighed as she sat back and waited for Amy to let it all out. 

After some time, Amy took a deep breath and turned to Cream, "I.. I fou- no, Shadow found out how to break this curse." Amy said huffing, "what? How?! What is it?" Cream said happy but concerned on why Amy wasn't, "It's.. It's about that promise I told you about before.." Cream sat there trying to remember what she was talking about.

"The stupid promise I made with Shadow, I told you after he asked for my hand!" Amy snapped, startling Cream for a moment. "Geez, how I supposed to rem- ohh.." Cream remembered before she could finish what she was going to say. "Wait? That silly promise? I mean-" Cream jumped seeing Amy glare at her, "a very good promise! Did you tell him?" Amy shook her head.

"Why not?" Cream asked getting a bit irritated by Amy, "...I'm terrified that Shadow will take the chance to get rid of me..." Amy said embarrassed, Cream looked at her like she was an idiot "you can't actually be serious?! He saved your life and then takes you to his place to stay with him? What more do you need?" Cream said turning on the car, "I.. I'm scared." Cream slowly started driving Amy home. "Look, I don't blame you on why you're scared just.. I need you to start using your brains sometimes, you aren't stupid Amy." Cream said looking to Amy concerned, "you're right, I just. I don't want this to end you know? What if the ending is me and him not together?"

"Amy, if that was the case what was it all for? You guys have been through so much over your curse that a promise. A promise that can fix it all and it has meaning in it that means it's stronger than the negative that says allot. But you're going to ruin it if you don't tell him." Cream finally arrived to Shadow's house. "Alright, you go and make up.." Cream said unlocking the door for Amy. Amy sat there taking a deep breath before heading out of the car to go inside.

Shadow was home of course locked himself in his room, he could hear Amy home as she opened the front door walking straight to his room, he didn't want to see her. He was furious still it's only been a 20 minutes since they fought at that park.

"Shadow, I'll tell you what you want." Shadow bolted to the door opening it to see her, the tears in her eyes how red and puffy they were from all the crying. "Our promise was.. Silly, it was when you asked for my hand. And you put a spell on the stupid ring," Amy slowly started getting a bit angry as she had to talk about it but she knew it had to be done.

"You.. Went to Blaze for our rings that if we make a promise if I said yes. We have to keep it." Shadow stared at her as she was giving him details his mind became foggy and the memory slowly leading in.

"And we promised to Never Forget. Each others love." 

It clicked. It was like a switch that was pulled and Shadow remembered. 

When he proposed to her at the park next to the fountain, where they promised to never forget their love for each other, what's funny enough she was the one who made that promise too. 

"I didn't know yet until I told you to never forget, just to remember how much you loved me. It was like I already placed a curse on you.." Shadow rolled his eyes as he stared at her as she went rambling again. "It's over." Amy froze feeling dread loom over her.

"What?" Amy looked up as he reached out and hugged her. "You're not a child anymore.. I know your life got taken away from you.. We were only kids, barely hitting that age where we make promises that sometimes we can't keep.  For Christ sake we were still going to school then we don't have to think about it." Shadow said holding her head close to his chest, she slowly nuzzled into his soft fur. 

"Can't you feel it?" Shadow muttered, Amy didn't know what he meant but she could hear his heart beat it was soothing, she closed her eyes feeling at peace his soft... Gentle-

Slimy? Cold? Amy opened her eyes and saw she was hugging someone else! Amy pulled away quickly stepping back to see Mephiles, "you did it! You finally caught up to your actual age and did something that wasn't like some spoiled-" Before Mephiles could finish Amy punched him right in the nose making him turn into goop but she did in fact hit him.

"Hey!" Mephiles came back but she kicked her leg back impacting his knee so he fell down. "I may have the mind of a teenager and all and I get it I'm not in the time I was back then! But doesn't mean I forgotten a few things okay?!" Amy snapped at Mephiles grabbing his arm to yank him close.

"Don't fuck with me okay?" Mephiles sudden desire to mess with her more sparked, she hasn't gotten too boring he sees..

"Sigh, you're right I can't anymore. I used up my toys and you're... boring.. to me for now." Mephiles said turning into goop before reforming far away from Amy. "So, you and Shadow broke the curse, and you both are free, I'm sure the next few chapters of your life will be at peace I'm assuming." Mephiles said rubbing his nose. Amy stared at him ready to throw another.

"Why are you like this?" Amy asked him, he froze for a moment before thinking. "I don't know, I became a doctor because seeing others in pain or in a misfortunate event brings me.. Joy, happiness? It actually sparks my soul that I never thought I had, when my parents died I knew it was my calling." Mephiles said nonchalant about it. Amy stared at him with disgust which made him laugh.

"Alright, how about this, if you make a deal I will never use you or Shadow for entertainment?" Mephiles said reaching out his hand, Amy glared, "what kind of Deal?!" Amy said with a growl.

"You. Will stay with Shadow forever and if you were to break his heart and leave once more even in death... I will be able to come back again." Amy's eyes lit up, she slowly reached out for his hand but stopped herself.

"No.. If you come back..." Amy looked to her hand thinking about it, she could be with Shadow forever but.. She can already do that without a promise!

Amy smiled looking at Mephiles, he closed his eyes and nodded accepting that she finally grew up. 

In seconds she was back in Shadow's arms. "You okay?" Shadow said looking at her, Amy smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck, "Yes!" Shadow was startled and held her close. This was it, finally. It's over... 

Mephiles took a deep breath as he stood up stretching, "really?" He turned to Maria who was laying in bed trying to sleep. "Yeah.. I hope I can mess with them again soon," Maria sighed turning away from Mephiles. He was pleased with the way things turned out he was hoping for worse but if someone was able to grow and become a better person than he failed his experiment, can he turn a brightful soul into one of darkness and pain just like his..? Well, he'll see in the next person he'll mess with.