Final Chapter: Our New Promise

Time passed on. The promise that was reminded became broken, since Mephiles found the ring and tossed it along with many other things so he wouldn't interact with them for a while unless they came to him. "Mephiles?" Maria stared at Mephiles who was standing next to her bed, "there is a hospital I'm transferring you to.. They should help with your illness." Maria's eyes lit up hearing those words, she didn't know what to say.

"Mephi-" Maria looked around seeing he already left.

From then, Mephiles was quiet, so quiet no one has seen him not even heard from him. Which worried Shadow but he let it go soon after for his lovely date with his lovely Rose.

2 Years have passed since then.

"Shadow!" Shadow turned to Sonic who was freaking out, "I.. I don't know what to do!" Sonic said prancing around, Shadow rolled his eyes, "what now?" Shadow said finishing packing his things, "the baby! It's loud! And I don't know what to do, do I sing to her? Do I dance with her? Feed?!" Sonic was saying  as the baby in the other room was crying. Shadow sighed and hurried to the baby picking her up, he starting bouncing her slowly in his arm cooing at her to calm down. Sonic watched in the distance sliding out his phone he took a picture while Shadow was doing his job for him.

Finally the baby stopped crying and was giggling to herself staring at Shadow, "done. Here take her I need to finish packing," Shadow said handing Sonic the baby, Sonic sighed and took her. "Dude, I was hoping you'd tale it from here but~ Since not I'll do my job, tell Amy I said hi and Sally says fuc-"

"Yeah, yeah." Shadow said finishing up packing and went to his car putting things in, "you ready?" He turned to Knuckles seeing him sitting at the drivers seat. Shadow turned to his home he's lived in for so long but now he gave it to Sonic and Sally since they needed a big place for their kid. 

"Yeah..." Shadow said entering the car and stared at the city, "you never really moved out of it I mean, you're next door but still it's not fun not seeing you everywhere." Knuckles said taking a turn heading straight through the forest rode's. "You got a point, but you'll be seeing me for work which I deeply miss." Shadow said sarcastically making Knuckles laugh, "I think Rouge and Amy are ready for us, so once we arrive we gotta take everything out and set it up!" Knuckles said trying to watch the rode, Shadow shrugged looking at his phone looking through photos he's taken.

It's been 2 years, when Shadow and Amy lifted their curse and promise was broken, they started living their real lives.

Amy went to finally visit her mother though she has passed Amy was heart broken from the thought her mother was sad the entire time. "I'm here now.." Amy would say every time she went to see her mother, Shadow was always there being her ride and all. Amy even started work at Vanillas Café. Amy tried to resist going near Shadow she thought it'd be best since she wanted to grow yet he kept coming to see her, pick her up from work and then take her home. 

"Amy, I will you go out with me?" Shadow asked after a year, she wept happily and they started dating and which leads to now.

Where they destroyed that house in the woods and rebuilt it as the first home he built for them but better modified of course. When they arrived Knuckles could see Rouge already heading to them making him bolt out and grab things to seem busy, "Knuc- Oh, sorry Shadow!" Shadow tried to do the same but Rouge got to him before he could pick anything up, "can you help us girls inside?" Shadow groaned and nodded following close behind her as Knuckles laughed at him. 

When he arrived inside his horror of seeing how she decorated the place was mortifying for him, he turned to Amy seeing she was faking it as well. "Alright so do you think this should go here? And this over here? Or do I put it over there and then-" Shadow had to stand there and listen to Rouge ramble before having to move things for her, the bad thing was is that he had to keep lifting the same thing over and over again until she was appeased. 

This went on the rest of the day and finally Rouge and Knuckles left leaving them to.. The cleanup.

"I forgot to never ask Rouge for help.." Amy said sitting on the couch exhausted, Shadow did the same. "Yeah.. I'll remove her from the helpful contacts.." Shadow laughed making Amy laugh as well. "Well now I got to pick that bookshelf up for the 20th time." Shadow weakly pointed to the bookshelf Rouge kept making him move, Amy sighed, "hey lets worry about that another day okay?" Shadow slowly nodded agreeing.

"Also, guess who made a deal-"

"No deals.." Shadow said shuttering, Amy scoffed. "Well, I did! And I got a beautiful photo!" Amy said showing her phone to Shadow where he could see himself holding Sonic's baby, "when did that fucker!?" Shadow reached out to grab Amy's phone but she pulled away. "It's perfect! You are so cute!" Amy said running away making Shadow chase her around, "come on delete it! I don't want any other person to see that!" Amy laughed hurrying away but Shadow finally caught her slowly lifting her up before spinning her. Seeing her smile so happily made his heart flutter with joy.

"Okay! I won't send it to anyone it's for me anyway!" Amy said as he lowered her down she hurried into his arms and nuzzled his fur. "You better not.." Shadow scoffed petting her head gently, "I promise-"

"No promises." Shadow groaned. Amy rolled her eyes, "okay okay.. No promise." Shadow felt like he should regret not letting her promise but he hates that word.

"Come on we should rest for now." Shadow nodded taking her to their room to rest.

They've been at peace as promised, parts of the forest cut down to make better rodes to lead to their home and lights so people won't get lost. Shadow even made her a whole rose garden which Amy always sits at. 

After 3 more years of being together they have a made home and Shadow our dear Shadow finally moved from his fear of promises they met in the middle of the rose garden where a fountain he built to replicate the one at the park. "Amy, I know this is something you thought I'd ever do after everything." Amy sat there at the fountain confused she watched as he paced around mumbling to himself.

"Amy, I love you." Amy smiled and nodded, "I love you too." Amy said expecting him to come hug her but instead he knelt down in front of her instead, her eyes widen seeing him kneel there in front of her, "Amy, I hate promises but I can make one last promise with you, I will love you and continue to love you and nothing will break that not like before. Please.. Will you marry me." Amy slowly teared up hurrying into his arms, "yes!" She said with glee he lifted her up and spun her around in his arms before kissing her.

He put her down to slide the ring on her finger which had a rose emended into it and words 'never forget'. 

Amy smiled and gave him another kiss for they finally can move on and be together forever.