Five: I Don't Understand Him

***Moon's P. O. V.***.

I open the door, but Crescent isn't there. The same lady from yesterday is standing there, wringing her hands nervously.

"Where is he?" I ask, slightly annoyed.

"Oh, um, my sincerest apologizes, Alpha. He refuses to get out of the car."

"Why?"

"Well, he finds you, um, a bit intimidating. He thinks you don't want him as a mate."

"He's wrong, because I do," I lie. "I'll go talk to him."

I brush her aside and walk over to the car. I fling open the door to the backseat and there he is, huddled into a ball in the corner. He's crying.

"Hey, stop crying," I say, cringing at how harsh that sounded.

"Why d-did y-you want m-me to c-come here?" he asks.

"Because I. . . . I wanna be mates!" I spit out the words as quickly as I can. It's not like I enjoy lying.

"R-really? B-but you s-said-"

"I know what I said! I-I-I'm sorry! Sorry, okay? Now will you come inside or not?" I growl angrily.

He wipes his face with his sleeve, "I-I guess s-so. . ."

I carry in his small suitcase of clothes. He whispers "wow" as we step inside the house.

"Is this all you brought?" I ask.

"Yeah."

"What about your Hot Wheels cars?"

"Those aren't mine. They belong to the orphanage. I only had one that was mine, but I gave it to you," he shrugs.

"Oh. A-are you hungry? I guess it is dinner time," I say, feeling awkward.

"Um, yes. I am a little hungry."

"Any preference as to what we eat?"

"No. Whatever you want."

"Are there certain things you can't eat?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, with your hands it might be difficult to pick up and eat some things," I say.

"No, I can eat everything a person with regular hands can. If worst comes to worst, I can use my feet. I've gotten good at using utensils with my feet."

"Oh," I gulp. "Okay."

I pick up my phone and send a text to Gregory. He should be getting off of work any minute now.

"Hey, on your way home could you go to the toy store and get a shit load of Hot Wheels cars and some other stuff and then come to the Alpha suite? And can you pick up a pizza?" the text reads.

"Why. . .?" he replies.

"For Crescent, you fuck nugget! He couldn't bring any of his toys from the orphanage, and he needs something to keep him busy. And none of this is from me, okay?"

"You don't want to take credit for getting him presents?"

"No. And remember, he's like a kid, so he'll like anything a little boy would."

"You're weird, and okay."

"Whatever. Bye."

"Bye!"

"My uncles are going to come over and bring a pizza," I say out loud. "You can watch TV or whatever until then."

"Oh, okay. Can I put my stuff in my room first?" he asks.