Fourteen: Mating Desires

***Crescent's P. O. V.***.

I wake up in Moon's bed. I'm sad Gregory and Clarke are not here anymore, but I love Moon's bed! I roll over and sigh happily, when I notice my private area feels warm. My pee pee moves and I almost gasp. It hurts! I get up and go to the bathroom, finding it kind of hard to walk right.

I pull down my pants to find my pee pee doesn't look right. Uh oh, I think this is what Greg and Clarke were telling me about! It's called a-a-a rector! I think! They didn't say it would hurt! Maybe it's not supposed to. . . Something's wrong!

I begin to cry, frustrated with my body. I hear footsteps coming towards the bathroom.

"Crescent? You good?" Moon asks.

"I-I'm fine! N-nothing is w-wrong! Nope!" I reply loudly.

"Um, okay?? Do you need help?" he sounds annoyed.

I bite my lip, my vision blurry from the tears. Maybe I do need help. I pull up my pants and open the bathroom door.

"Why are you crying. . .?" Moon questions.

"W-well, I have a problem."

"What kind of problem?"

"That hurts," I say, pointing to my pants.

He wrinkles his forehead in confusion, and then his eyes widen.

"Are you hard??"

"I don't know! I got a rector while I was sleeping!"

"Uh, you mean an erection?" he's trying not to laugh.

I nod, wincing as my pee pee moves again.

"What do I do, Moon?"

"You just have to-" he begins, but stops when his gaze rests on my hands. "Usually you'd just touch it a little and that would help, but looks like you really can't. Take a cold shower. That'll probably make it go away."

"Okay," I nod rapidly. "But, Moon! I sorta wanna mate!"

"You're not ready. Just take a shower, idiot. I'm going back to bed."

He leaves and closes the door behind him. I turn on the shower and start taking my clothes off.

***Moon's P. O. V.***

That was probably his first real boner ever. I'm surprised, though. I used to get them all the time while I slept. He's a teenager, as childish as he may be, so it's very odd he hasn't experienced anything like this until now. He mentioned that he gets horny thinking of me sometimes, but he never gets a full-on boner.

The truth is, I don't want him to be marked. It's not that I don't want him. I've come to terms with the fact that he's my mate, and I'm willing to at least try and learn to live with him. It's just that I don't want to hear his screams as the knife cuts into him. I don't want to see his blood spill everywhere, and see him pull desperately at the restraints. I don't want to witness him fighting to stay conscious as a needle is injected in his neck to give him back some of the blood he will lose. I have no desire to see him hurt whatsoever.

The shower runs for maybe ten minutes, and then he steps out of the bathroom in a towel. He shivering, and tiny droplets of water are clinging to his hair. He's walking back to his room to get new underwear, or at least I assume. Looked like he soaked through his last pair.

"Crescent," I say, making him jump. "You don't have to go get new clothes. Just sleep naked. I do it all the time."

"But that's gross!" he replies in a loud whisper.

"No, it's not. When we officially become mates I'll want you to sleep naked all the time, so you might as well get used to it."

"No," he pouts. "I will wear pajamas."

I roll my eyes, "Whatever, you little brat."

~~~~~~~~~~

Crescent tries to insist on coming to work with me again, but I refuse. I can't focus properly with him tied to my back. He's upset, but it's not like I have a super long work day. I'll be gone from eight to five.

My work day is uneventful. I'm trying to form an alliance with a pack that we've had little disputes with in the past, which is a big headache. Other than that, I'm starting to put money towards the orphanage and the hospital. My experiences with both of those places in the time I've known Crescent have made me extremely grateful for all that they do.

When I come home, I find Crescent crying on the couch. I should probably ask him what's wrong.

"Crescent, why are you crying?"

"B-because I-I'm sad a-about Aiden! And I'm s-so l-lonely. . ." he sobs.

"I thought you felt better after you talked to him! And sorry, but I have a thing called a job. I'm Alpha; there are a lot of responsibilities that come with that title."

"I d-do f-feel better, b-but its s-still s-sad when someone d-dies!" he whimpers.

"Crescent," I force myself to soften my tone. "Aiden is okay now. You shouldn't be sad, because he certainly isn't. Now, did you eat at all today?"

"No. I was too upset."

I actually find myself worried by this. It's not healthy for him to not eat for almost twenty-four hours.

"What would you like to eat for dinner?" I ask.

"Nothing. I'm going to bed."

"No, Crescent. You have to eat. After that, I don't care what you do."

"I don't want to!"

"Don't disobey me. I'm telling you this for your own good. Tell me what you want to eat. Now."

He stands there pouting until I growl at him, telling him I man business. Tears start to trickle down his cheeks. I make him some soup, since he won't give me any hint to what he wants. Then I tell him to sit at the table. He's still crying as I force the food into his mouth. I don't stop until all of it is gone.

"Thank you, Moon," Crescent chokes through his tears.

"For what?"

"For caring about me even though I act difficult sometimes."

Something surges through me, and I think it's love. This kid has it all wrong. He thinks he's difficult? I should be thanking him for staying with me even though I'm a complete dick.

I suddenly grab his shoulders, scaring him. I look right into his ocean colored eyes before kissing him hard on the mouth. He grunts in surprise. Drool runs out of his mouth as I deepen the kiss, running my tongue over his soft lips. His face scrunches up and he pulls away.

"Moon, what are you doing?" he asks. 

"You're so innocent and beautiful! You're thanking me for caring for you when I'm the bad guy here! I love you, my little koala!" I yell.

I can't believe I'm spilling my feelings like this. It's the weirdest thing. I've never spoken to anyone like this. Ever.

He smiles and says whole heartedly, "I love you too, Moon!"

<><><><><><><>

Sorry that was so short! I'll have another chapter up today, I think.

-d_c