Thirteen: Crescent's Quirk

***Moon's P. O. V.***.

Crescent and I stare at each other in shock. He scrambles to his feet, his eyes filling with tears.

"M-Moon, wait. I-I c-can explain!" he cries.

"Well then start explaining," I snap, still shaken up.

"C-can we go i-inside? I-I'm cold."

"Fine. Get in here now," I say, going over and grabbing his arm.

"Ow! Moon, you're hurting me!" he yelps.

"I don't care," I toss him inside the house and push him into the living room. "Tell me what all that creepy shit was."

"It's not creepy! It's special. When there's a crescent moon, I can talk to things in the spirit realm. Like little babies that aren't born, and sometimes dead people. I can hear babies in their mom's tummies all the time, though. There doesn't have to be a special moon. But I was trying to find Aiden just now!"

"You're crazy!"

"I'm not! I'm a spirit wolf! A-and Moon?"

"What?"

"I lied to everyone," he scrunches his feet and looks down at the floor.

"About what? Tell me now, Crescent!" I yell, and he flinches.

"W-well, I didn't actually live with humans ever. A couple of wolves forced me to talk to their dead families. And I lived in a cage and they didn't let me out very much. They beat me if I couldn't find their family member's spirits. I made up that I lived with humans because I thought you guys would hurt me and make me do my magic too. S-sorry, Moon. So sorry," he cries.

***Crescent's P. O. V.***

I feel so bad that I lied to Moon and everybody else. I did it because I didn't want to get hurt.

"You little liar! I can't believe you! You're making all this up for attention, aren't you? Huh? You think that'll make me feel bad for you?!" Moon shouts.

"No! I'm telling the truth now. Why don't-"

He grabs my arm again and lands his other hand hard on my butt.

"If you're going to seek attention and lie like a child, I'll punish you like a child."

"I'm not lying!" I bawl.

He spanks me until my butt is stinging. I can't do anything but cry. It's useless to struggle.

"Go to your room. I don't wanna see your face," he growls.

I nod and wipe the snot that's coming out of my nose. I trudge upstairs. When I look back, Moon is crying. I wanna go over and hug him, but I know that's not a good idea. I don't want him to be sad, though. I go to my room and shut the door, curling up into a ball on my bed. I can hear Moon sobbing really loudly.

~~~~~~~~~~

When I wake up, the sun is up and my room is light. The door is opening. I sit up slowly as Moon comes in, looking very sad.

"Are you okay, Moon?" I ask.

"Don't worry about me. Stand up, let me see your butt. Did I hit you too hard?"

I don't want to show him my butt, but I don't think I have a choice. I get up off the bed and stand up. He walks over and turns me around, pulling at the waistband of my pants.

"It's still red, but I didn't bruise you. Does it hurt?" he asks, surprisingly gently.

"Only a little."