Thirty-Nine: Life With A Baby

***Moon's P. O. V.***

~~~Eight Months Pregnant~~~.  

•3 a.m.•

"Make it shut up!!" I yell as Eddy starts to cry for the millionth time tonight.

"Stop it, Moon! He's just a baby," Crescent says, getting up.

I sigh happily when the baby quiets down again. He's so terrible with all his crying. It makes me wonder if he's in pain what with his limbs and back being so disfigured. He's already had a few doctor's appointments for that. He'll have to have a few surgeries done when he's a bit older, but nothing is for sure. The doctors have really no idea how much they can help him. He might never walk or be able to use his hands properly. Ugh, such a bother.

~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up the next morning to the sound of Crescent crying. I immediately sit up and check to see what's wrong. He has a pillow between his legs, and he's rocking back and forth.

"What are you doing. . .?" I ask. "Are you alright?"

"I-I don't know!" he cries, his nose starting to run. "I-it hurts, M-Moon!"

"What hurts??" I ask, becoming frantic.

He groans, squeezing his eyes shut, "I-I want Clarke! Call C-Clarke!"

"Baby, are you in labor?? We should go to the hospital."

"N-no! I don't w-want to go there!"

"I'm really worried about you right now! Stop arguing with me and let me take you to the hospital!" I insist.

"J-just. . ." he reaches for my phone which is resting on the nightstand.

"Crescent," I warn as I take my phone before he can get it. "Stop."

He suddenly wails loudly, holding his stomach. I don't know, maybe if I let Clarke come over he'll agree to go to the hospital. Clarke is a doctor, after all. He'll be able to tell if something is wrong.

"Fine, fine, fine. I'll call Clarke!" I say loudly, dialing his number.

"Hello?" he answers.

"Hi, Clarke. Sorry to bother you, but Crescent woke up a little while ago in a lot of pain and he's insisting that you come over. He's refusing to go to the hospital."

"I'll be right over. It's fine if I bring the twins, right?"

"Of course. See you soon."

"Yep. Bye."

"Bye," I hang up and turn back to Crescent. "He's on his way, Koala."

He nods, then goes back to panting hard. My poor baby. All of a sudden, Eddy starts to cry. Crescent struggles to get up and get him out of his little cradle thing, but I stop him.

"I got it," I say.

I pick Eddy up as gently as I can. I'm not very good at baby stuff, but I try my best to comfort him. I put his blanket around his tightly, slowly rocking him in my arms. I sigh in relief as he quiets down.

"Is he okay?" my mate asks.

"He's fine. Just a little fussy."

Clarke arrives minutes later. He immediately comes upstairs to the bedroom me and Crescent share.

"Crescent, baby, what's wrong?" he asks, climbing onto the bed.

"I-I'm not s-sure. I n-need y-your help!" he cries, embracing my uncle tightly.