Thirty-One: Kitty Crescent

***Moon's P. O. V.***.

"Aw, you look so cute," I say, nearly drooling at how adorable my mate looks in his cat costume.

"Thanks," he giggles. "You look very manly and handsome."

"Thank you," I mutter, feeling a bit weird about dressing up.

Crescent is dressed in a tight, black outfit that zips up in the back. He has fuzzy little paws on his hands and and cat ears on his head. I helped him put a little makeup on too, and it looks good if I do say so myself.

"Are you ready to go?" I ask, putting on the rubber boots that come with the fireman costume.

"Yep!" he exclaims, throwing himself into my arms.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Trick or treat!" Crescent says happily as he holds out his bag of candy.

The person who opens the door smiles and says, "Hello, Luna Crescent! Here you go."

A few fun size bags of skittles are placed in his bag. We thank the lady and move on to the next house. This is our seventh stop. After ten we'll stop and go to the Halloween party that's going on in the Grand Hall. I can't wait to see Greg and Clarke. I bet they look hilarious.

Crescent begins to yawn. I peek at my watch, seeing that it's only eight o'clock.

"You tired, baby?" I ask.

"No way!" he yells, scowling at me.

"Geesh, sorry. . ."

Now that Crescent is around, the other pack members are acting more open and relaxed around me. Has Crescent really changed the way I am that much? Maybe his cuteness just distracts from my meanness.

~~~~~~~~~

"Oh my gosh!" my mate says loudly over the music, laughing. "Greg! Clarke! You look so funny!"

Greg chuckles, "Thanks."

Both of my uncles are wearing big blue overalls, black rubber boots, black gloves, and giant goggles that make their eyes look bugged out. Their hair is spiked.

"I think we look pretty good," Clarke laughs, kissing his mate.

"I agree," I joke.

"Looks like everyone is really enjoying this Halloween in spring thing!" Clarke exclaims.

I nod and smile, pleased at how everyone seems to be having a good time. The dance floor is full of wolves in colorful costumes dancing to the beat of the music. The snack table is almost empty. I'm glad; it means they like the food!

I'm not one for dancing, but Crescent has me wrapped around his little finger. He gives me that sad, pouty face and I completely melt. I dance with him for what feels like hours, relishing the slow dances. A few wolves actually come up to me throughout the night to make small talk, which is good. They're not terrified of me anymore. Crescent makes a few friends too, and I'm happy to stand back and let him talk to people on his own.

"I can't dance anymore! Too tired!" Crescent exclaims as the night begins to wind down.

"Okay, baby. Let's go home. It's way past your bedtime," I say, picking him up. "Hey, Greg!"

Greg turns around, "Yeah?"

"We're going home. We'll hopefully see you soon."

"We're going too. As soon as Clarke gets out of the bathroom. Yeah, see you later. Bye!"