Twenty-Five: Love The Right Way

***Crescent's P. O. V.***.

Clarke and Gregory are so sweet to each other. It's Saturday, so they don't have to go to work. Greg made Clarke breakfast, including some of the weird things that Clarke craves. I don't eat anything, because I don't feel well again.

"Moon texted me," Greg says as we sit on the bed with Clarke.

"What did he say??" I ask.

"He said he's sorry for running off. He's coming back here as we speak."

I hate crying. It feels so terrible, but I'm doing it again. I just feel so sad and scared.

"What's wrong, Crescent?" Clarke asks softly.

"W-will Moon b-be angry with m-me?"I bawl.

"Why would he be mad at you? You don't understand. Moon was upset with himself yesterday. Not you," Greg explains.

"H-himself? Why?" I question.

"I guess since Clarke had said it wasn't the best thing to get pregnant right now, he was scared that something might happen. But you're in good hands. He's going to take good care of you, and you'll have excellent doctors to make sure you and the baby are healthy."

"O-oh. . ." I rub my eyes and sniff. "B-but why c-can't I hear m-my baby? I c-can hear e-everyone else's!"

"I don't know, Crescent. I don't know anything about that kind of stuff. Why don't you look it up online? There's a special internet thing just for werewolves. Maybe the answer is on there," Gregory suggests.

I nod and he gets out his laptop. He types in the search for me and helps me try to find out any information. The websites just say that there's no explanation to why I can't hear my own baby. I just can't.

"That makes me a little sad," I say.

"I'm sorry, buddy. But you know, your baby won't even be inside you for that long. It's only nine months, and then you'll get to see him or her. Some animals are pregnant for almost two years!" Clarke exclaims. "By the way, can you still tell the gender of your baby even though you can't hear them?"

"No. . . It's annoying!"

Greg pats my back reassuringly, making his lips into a straight line. The doorbell rings, and when the door is opened, Moon is standing there.

***Moon's P. O. V.***

Crescent runs to me, and I expect he wants a hug, so I extend my arms. Instead, he drops to the ground in a deep bow.

"What are you-" I begin.

"Alpha! I am very sorry if I've disappointed you in any way. I am in love with you, and I'll devote myself to you forever. I'll bare as many pups as you want, or none at all if that's what you prefer! Except the one in me now. . . But anyway, please don't be angry!"

My eyes widen and I crouch down beside him. I lift him up gently, cradling him in my arms.

"I'm not angry at all. The reason I left was because I was upset with myself that I had gotten you pregnant and it might not be in your best interest at the moment. It had nothing to do with anything you did. I'm the one who should be bowing. You're a much better person than I am. I love you, Koala."

He looks up at me timidly, his expression brightening when he sees me smiling.

"Now let's go home," I say, standing up. "I have something special planned."

"Okay!" he exclaims.

"Thanks, guys," I say to my uncles.

"No problem. You should come for a sleepover again sometime, Crescent! Next time, it'll be a fun one," Clarke says.