Eighteen: Testing Crescent

***Moon's P. O. V.***.

"Are you nervous?" I ask Crescent as we sit in the waiting room at the doctor's office.

"Nope! Clarke is a nice guy, I trust him to be my doctor!"

"Good."

"Crescent?" a nurse says questioningly, opening the door to the back.

"That's me!" he exclaims, jumping out of his seat.

He's still all smiles as the nurse checks his weight and height. She's shocked by how little he is.

"So take everything off and put that on," she says, leading us to a room and pointing to the robe on the bed. "The doctor will be in to see you in a few minutes."

"Okay!" Crescent replies happily.

I help him get out of his pants and pull his shirt over his head. When he's about to take off his underwear, I blush and turn away.

"Aren't you gonna help me, Moon?" he asks innocently.

"I thought you said only Clarke was allowed to see you all the way naked," I say.

"Well. . . Just this once you can."

I feel my entire face turn red as he stands there, completely exposed. Yikes, I guess that whole circumcision thing really was true. He shivers and I put the robe on him. He wants to sit on my lap, so I let him.

"Hi, Crescent," Clarke says as he enters the room. "How are you doing today?"

"Good! How about you?"

"I'm doing great, thanks for asking. Thankfully, there haven't been any bad accidents in the ER that I needed to take care of, and I get to see you. Overall, an awesome day," he pauses to look at his iPad. "So today we're gonna see if you can get pregnant, okay? I'll explain everything to you as we go. First, I want to do an overall exam. Can you come lay down over here?"

"Mhm," he replies, getting up and climbing on the bed. He motions for me to scoot my chair over by him.

Clarke unties the front of Crescent's robe and begins to press his belly gently in all different spots. Crescent just watches with fascination. He doesn't seem to be fazed by the fact that he's butt naked at all.

"I'm going to touch your chest to see if you can make milk for your baby. It might be a little uncomfortable," Clarke warns.

He presses down and then gathers up the skin around his nipple, pinching it. Crescent whimpers and I sit on edge, unsure of what to do.

"It's okay, babe. I'm done doing that. Sorry," Clarke says.

Crescent nods and rubs at his eyes. God, he was holding back tears.

"Hold out your hands for me," Clarke commands, not unkindly.

My mate's breathing hitches and his eyes brim with tears again. His arms shake as he puts his hands out. Clarke takes hold of one of them and begins feeling around. Suddenly, Crescent lets out a wail, his entire body trembling.

"Crescent, I'm so sorry. Did I hurt you?" he asks worriedly, releasing his hand.

"No, Clarke! I'm scared!" he bawls.

"Why? Calm down. . . Use your words."

"I-I don't w-want you t-to b-break them! P-please don't!" he nearly screams.

In one swift movement, I scoop him up and hold him in my arms. I'm not sure exactly what his issue is right now, but whatever it is, it's bad.

"Crescent, baby, I just want to see if we can fix them. Why do you think I'd break your hands?"