026

SEPTEMBER 9thHARLEM, NYC

SEPTEMBER 9th
HARLEM, NYC

kiara sat in her car typing quickly on her phone before it started ringing and she clicked the green answer button placing it up to her ear.

"hello?" the voice answered. "war" kiara swallowed the lump in her throat biting on her lip.

"aye dis kiara foreal ?" he asked since that was what she texted him "yes war" she mumbled looking out her window waiting for the school bell to ring so kari could hurry up and she could take her home.

"what's the word?" he asked. "i need you to do sum fa me, please?" she asked and the line went quiet. she bit her bottom lip looking around again.

"who." he replied and she sighed. "my pops?" she said more in a questioning tone making him slowly nod though they couldn't see each other.

"terrence? you sure?" he asked and she sat for a second before making her up mind. "yes. positive" she nodded her head confirming her intentions.

"aight meet me at the spot" he said and she cleared her throat, "imma be a hour i gotta take kari home" she said.

"all good baby take ya time" he nodded. "thank you war" she nodded. she pulled her phone back.

she watched students start piling out the bulinding and she sat there bouncing her leg waiting for kari.

no matter how hard she tried she wanted to forgot how her father talked about her child but she couldn't.

after all these years she knew what she wanted...him dead.

after their argument in the car she began walking back to school and he followed her half way yelling to get back in and he didn't mean it but she no longer wanted any communication between them.

any hopes he had of seeing ja'kai was over. she wanted him six feet under, he had caused enough pain ever since she was a little girl and she wanted it to stop.

she was snapped out of her thoughts when kari opened the passenger door. "hey i heard you got in a fight" she said slinging her backpack in the back seat.