Ch. 2.3 - Strings of Fate

"Are you sure about this, Medea-sama? Don't you think you're being too reckless?" a tiny reflection on my phone's screen harbored its doubts.

"Shut it," I shot back.

I am confident that I should be the sole person that can hear what Suzune is saying. If that wasn't the case, heads would already be turning in our direction just because of how disobedient she's been getting. Shouldn't a student just sit tight and listen to what is being taught to her?

On the other hand, anything I say that is too loud would be picked up by the other students of this class. I have no plans to mimic Suzune's personality but any abnormal signs I might exhibit would just be an inconvenience to me later.

We discovered that we were able to converse through any object that was able to reflect my appearance or even a part of it. It included a number of windows, any kind of mirror, puddles, phones, and possibly many more that we haven't encountered.

Speaking of which, I've got to mention how much of a convenient tool this phone is. This small thing holds almost all the knowledge available to us through what they call the internet and It's not only limited to text. This thing is also able to capture light and sound continuously and play it back in the form of a video. It's spectacular! Another thing much worth mentioning is that it has the ability to instantly communicate with other phones just like it. No more writing letters or having to let ravens or other animals deliver messages.

There's also a larger version called a tablet, but I believe the size can cause certain inconveniences. I'd say its only advantage is that images would be in clearer view.

In any case, that isn't supposed to be the matter at hand for discussion.

I patiently waited for the end of this homeroom session. Ever since the beginning, Chabashira hasn't mentioned anything important aside from some reminders like the upcoming test supposed to be held two weeks from now.

"That's it for homeroom. If you have no questions, I'll take my leave."

After a brief scan of the room, Chabashira decided that her role this morning was over and left the class.

I quickly got up and followed suit.

"Where are you going, Horikita?" the brown-haired boy beside me questioned.

"Somewhere," I vaguely replied without turning back.

If we want to fix this class, then the first course of action is to guarantee that not a single student will receive expulsion from this upcoming test. I, at least, see value in Sudou and Ike. I have yet to notice any potential from the fool named Yamauchi, but that's a topic for a later discussion.

As I exited the classroom, my eyes met with Chabashira. She was leaning against the side with her arms crossed and a serious glint in her eyes.

"Horikita, you're here," she called.

"Are you leading the way?"

"Yes, but are you supposed to bring him with you?" Chabashira looked at the supposed empty space behind me.

However, as I turned around to see what she was referring to, I saw the brown-haired boy standing there.

"Ayanokouji-kun," I acknowledged his presence.

"I got a text," he said.

"I see," I turned to Chabashira. "This should be no problem."

"Then, let's go."