Ch. 3.2 - The Queen of All Trades

"Before I sign this contract, let me summarize the details of this game to make sure no errors have been made," I said as I glanced at Horikita. "The two parties, Ike Kanji-Yamauchi Haruki and Horikita Suzune, will compete against each other in a game of cards. A standard and complete deck will be given to the party of Ike and Yamauchi, which they can shuffle however they want. The cards will then be laid on the table facing down.

"There will be five rounds. For each round, Ike and Yamauchi will each choose a card and show it to me, the witness. Horikita will then have to guess which two cards were picked by Ike and Yamauchi respectively without error, all while being blindfolded the entire time. To solidify the outcome of the match, the entire game will be recorded. Is that correct?"

   "Yes," Horikita confirmed

"Then, we'll move on to the conditions," I turned to Ike and Yamauchi. "I had to put a disclaimer that whatever order anyone gives to either party would not violate the major school rules or cause any fatal injuries, mental or psychological trauma to anyone, including the two parties involved. Any extreme actions would lead to the abolishment of the contract, and proper punishments will be given out to the violating party. I'd like to remind you all that you're just high school students. This should not be a matter of life or death."

I continued, "Anyways, if the victor of this match were to be Ike and Yamauchi, Horikita Suzune will have to obey any and all orders of the winning party for the duration of three days as long as it's not deemed as extreme. Horikita's condition is the same, except that the opposing party, Ike Kanji and Yamauchi Haruki, must stay true to her wishes for fifteen days instead."

I paused for a bit and scanned their expressions.

"Did I get anything wrong?"

"Nope," Ike confirmed.

I turned to Horikita. She shook her head in response.

"Right. Then, since I wasn't informed beforehand, I'll have to record this on my phone. Is that fine?"

"That's fine," Horikita said.

"No problem here," Yamauchi said.

"Then, let's begin," I replied as I hit the big red button on my phone's screen.

Horikita handed me a handkerchief which I used to blindfold her. Ike and Yamauchi didn't seem too skeptical about the handkerchief. Well, if she was able to see through the cloth, then that's unbelievable in and of itself.

I took the unopened deck, removed the jokers and unnecessary cards, and laid them on the table.

"You can shuffle them now."

Ike and Yamauchi gave each other a nod.

I stood at the side and watched Ike spread all the cards on the table randomly, creating circular motions at unpredictable angles. If I recall correctly, this method of shuffling is called smooshing. It's not really a term known to the average student. Even though Ike is doing it, there's a good chance that he doesn't know what it's called.