Chapter 2

Honoka

"Wonderful Honoka! Your parents would be proud!" I smiled at Inoue-san. She has been my ballet teacher since I was little.

"Take a break everyone~ We'll resume in 5 minutes~" She cheerfully said before heading over to the stereo as everyone surrounded me happily.

"That was so beautiful Honoka-senpai~"

"Your turns were so graceful~"

"How do you your pirouettes without getting dizzy?"

"You're the best!"

I laughed as I began to answer each of their questions, trying to calm their excitement.

"Oh please, little miss perfect can no do wrong, can she?" A snarky little voice creeped out and the girls in front of me parted as the figure walked over.

Amagai Kaori. The youngest and only daughter of the biggest investors of NBJ (National Ballet of Japan) where my parents teach and work. I've met her parents once at a function and they seem pleasant. I've heard that they have an older son who is a 3rd year student but I've never seen him before.

"Hello Amagai-kun. I didn't know you took ballet?" I greeted, genuinely surprised as to why she was here.

She's known as the school's 'club jumper' and my alleged stalker. Madoka called her that because it seems that wherever I was or whatever activity I joined, she was there.

"Don't you know? My parents hired the best ballet trainer for me at home. So, I guess you can I'm the best dancer here." She bragged as she fixed her bejeweled skirt.

"Really? If you're the best, why bother coming to this class Ms. Amagai?" Kaori freezed as Inoue-san stood behind her.

"B-because I want to share my talent to the class and teach them a bit about ballet Inoue-san~" She answered and Inoue-san gave me a knowing smile.

"Well then, please do demonstrate for us~ Observe class~" Inoue-san clapped her hands, gesturing for us to sit down. Kaori looked scared and embarrassed but quickly covered it up by tightening the giant pink ribbon on her head.

"Track 2 please Ms. Domyouji." Inoue-san said as Mao, one of my classmates played the music. The music started and I could see Kaori panicking. She quickly spun around and I cannot describe what else she did because I honestly couldn't understand what she was doing.

"Was that it miss Amagai?" Inoue-san asked as she looked at Kaori who was doing some kind of angel pose on the floor. She meekly smiled as we giggled.

"Seems like your parents wasted their money. Miss Watanabe? Would be so kind to show us a proper demonstration?" She added as I nodded before proceeding to dance to the beat of Habanera from Carmen.

(I suggest watching LESSERAFIM's intro for the FEARLESS performance at the 2022 KBS Gayo Daejun and skip to Kazuha's part to give you guys some perspective; I don't have any prior ballet knowledge but I will work on writing a detailed performance soon T_T)

"Brava! Brilliant as always Miss Watanabe~" Inoue-san applauded as did the rest of my classmates.

"That's it! I'm sick and tired of-"

"Touch one strand of my sister's hair and you're dead." We all looked over the doorway and say my little brother, school necktie loosened and 3 buttons left unbuttoned on his school shirt. He held his school bag over his shoulder as he leaned against the door. The light from the window caught the reflection of the two small silver hoop earrings in his right ear.