Chapter 20

Honoka

I could hear faint whispers as I struggled to fully open my eyes. I groaned as a wave of nausea hit my head.

"Nee-chan?" That was Haruto's voice. I tried to speak up but my throat was too dry to even make out a few words. My eyes adjusted to the bright lights as it fell on my brother's tired and worried face.

"Nee-chan!" His eyes welled up in tears as he lightly grasped my hand, earning a small smile from me. I heard him leave the room, probably to call a doctor.

The door opened once more as I felt someone check my arms and head. I assumed it was the doctor, I opened my eyes to see the friendly face of an elderly doctor.

"Miss Watanabe, glad to see you're awake. How are you feeling?" I smiled weakly.

"Sore and my head hurts really bad." He nodded, giving me a kind smile as he wrote down something on his chart.

"I'll get you something for that. But now, since you're awake I think you should know about your diagnosis as the rest of your family and your friends who are waiting outside already know. You have quite the crowd worrying about you dear." He giggled and I looked to my brother who sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

"Who else is here?" Haruto laughed a bit.

"Well mom and dad just went home a few minutes ago so I took over. Madoka-san and Yui-san came earlier as well and uhm...more than half of Oya and Housen are outside with the Rao faction of Suzuran..." He mumbled the last part to himself but I looked at him in shock and amusement.

The doctor giggled as he looked at my reaction.

"Those boys wouldn't leave no matter how many times we threw them out after visiting hours. Some of our security have a few busted lips because of some of your friends."

"I'm so-"

"It's no trouble dear. As much as I abhor violence, your friends seemed so distraught that we let them stay. They seem like a bunch of good young men despite the amount of bruises I had to treat for them." I giggled.

"Yeah, they're knuckleheads but I love them very much." I smiled before the doctor explained my condition. I was unconscious for 3 days and he said I needed at least a year of rest from dance and months of physical therapy. I was saddened but thankful that I was still alive. My head was hit a bit hard since I landed on the pavement but fortunately I didn't suffer from any other internal bleedings other than a few stitches on my head.

"So I can still dance again?" I worriedly asked and he nodded, giving me a gentle smile.

"With some physical therapy and rest dear, you can surely dance again. Just one day at a time okay?" He said, patting my head gently. I smiled in thanks before I heard a knock on the door.

"Excuse me, Dr. Himura? Uh Ms. Watanabe's guests would like to come in." A nurse meekly said as the door opened slightly, letting me hear some rumbling and loud complaints from outside. I laughed as I clearly recognized Fujio's whining.

"All right but not all of them okay?." Dr. Himura says as the nurse nods and steps back outside to probably inform the boys outside. Only after a few seconds, the door opens again and in walks Fujio, Tsukasa, Todoroki, Sachio, Shoji, Jinkawa, Rao and Mercy.

"Honoka-chan~ We were so worried-ow!" Fujio yelps as Tsukasa pulls his arm back before he attacks me in a hug.

"Be gentle. She's still in pain, Fujio." Tsukasa said, giving me a small smile as he gently brushed some of my hair away.

"I'll leave Onee-chan to you guys. I'll just head to the cafeteria and grab some coffee." Haruto said before kissing my head and leaving the room. The rest of the guys grabbed some chairs and sat around my bed except for Fujio and Sachio who sat on either side of the bed, careful not to touch my legs. Rao and Mercy stood at the foot of my bed, watching on as silence overtook the room.