Chapter 21

Honoka

I pulled away and looked at him.

I felt nothing.

He looked at me, waiting for my reaction. He seemed to know what I felt as his eyes turned sad and he gave me a heartbroken smile.

"I see. Guess Odajima's got your heart locked down huh?" He attempted to joke, quickly wiping the tears in his eyes as he laughed.

I smiled a bit as I sighed.

"I'm so-"

"Don't." He smiled a bit more as a tear fell from his eye. "There is nothing for you to apologize for."

I smiled as I wiped a tear away and he ruffled my hair softly.

"That idiot better not make you cry again or I'll steal you away forever." He joked as we both laughed and reached an understanding.

I knew what my heart wanted.

------------------------------------

A few more days pass and I was clear to go home. My physical therapy sessions would continue as I would get house visits as well as hospital appointments every 3 weeks. My doctor and physical therapist mentioned that I was surprisingly doing well and progress was excellent.

I took a deep breath as I entered the one place, I knew I needed to be.

"Oh? Honoka?" I turned to the right and was met with Housen's former leader and behind him was Oya's current head.

"Honoka-chan! I didn't know you were out of the hospital!" Fujio moved to hug me only to be pulled back by Sachio.

"Don't hug her yet, Fujio. Her injuries are still healing." Fujio nodded, sheepishly smiling at me.

"Is he here?" Sachio nodded, giving me a small smile.

"He's in the council room. Come on, I'll show you." Sachio walked forward as Fujio nodded at me, gesturing for me to follow them. We reached the end of a hallway where a navy wooden door waited.

Sachio knocked on the door but received no response. He sighed before opening the door.

"Dude, get up."

"Go away Sachio. I told you I wanna be alo-" A disheveled Odajima Yuken stumbled out the door, his clothes and hair in disarray. He looked nothing like how everyone saw him. Always cleaned up, glasses perched on his nose and his hair combed and tied up in a low ponytail.

His eyes landed on me and I felt a shiver up my spine as I saw so many negative emotions that I never imagined I'd ever see in him. He cleared his throat before moving from the door to let me in. I took a deep breath and sat down on the damaged couch as the door shut.

"So, how have you-"

"What are you doing here?" I flinched at the cold tone in his voice. He was pouring, what I assumed to be alcohol in a small crystal glass before downing it in one go.

"W-what do you mean? I came to see you-"

"Stop acting so innocent. I saw your little kiss with Suzaki." My heart ached as I felt tears well up my eyes, knowing that what I did was wrong.

"Let me explain-"

"No. I get it. You were right, I haven't been an attentive boyfriend lately and it's only natural that you like him back. I'm sorry-"

I shook my head violently as I began to cry and tremble.

"No! You don't understand! I only did that to prove something! I don't-"